FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Just tracking the color change... I swear he's getting more yellow. Probably doesn't hurt that he eats like a pig... and I just keep feeding him.

da7db3d7a3b6bc90d5992b0a4bea1b32.jpg

Oh no, I've seen this before... the anemone probably heard C4 was happening and took care of business and fragged itself. I've shoved a rock by it in hopes of one of the clones is wanting to make my life easy and attach to the rock so I can just relocate it to the sump easily.

e02773e74ed00d0f8bbc54e606ce3c7c.jpg

• Like 1

Nice! Don't you love when corals frag themselves? I wish my anemone would split, he just keeps growing outwards more and more. I'd say he's getting close to the size of a basketball during the day. My BTA probably thinks it's a H. magnifica! rofl.gif Silly goose!

Congrats on the clone, and I agree, the angel looks more yellow than I remember the first time I saw him.

You know me... drives me nuts when he splits honestly. I don't feed it to not encourage the splitting but I bet the reintroduction of the clowns a couple weeks back probably prompted it to split.

Now I have to chase that clone around the tank and remove it and my anemone will only be half the size. Middle-class probs... am I right?

That's a pretty large anemone for your tank size! I had one of those Sherman RBTAs and that's the exact reason why I got rid of it... it grew to the size of a basketball... 14" across when expanded. No thanks!

Wow you went to Fishy Business? You're brave! The coral looks good, but those prices...hmm.png

I feel like the lion from the Wizard of Oz! [emoji2]

He has a small tank way in the back that has small SPS frags for $20 sometimes. I found that Northern Lights Nasuta there.

That mille is a beast!

This is why I'm obsessed with mariculture right now. It's a little on the high risk, high reward side but if it works out and you find a beauty of a coral... you got a colony of it right from the get-go.

There are detriments... such as a lower survivability rate, potential pests, not knowing the final color morph until it adjusts to tank conditions, and not being able to select exactly what you want... but I am loving the high reward side of finding the diamond in the rough.

When I start grumbling that my anemone split... people look at me like I'm crazy. Then I tell them I hate the process of removing the other anemone. My anemone mocks me then by splitting into 3's. [emoji36]

0ece6a5e0227f94155723e5038d83a5f.jpg

+1 I HEAR YA BOTHER! I have 5 in my tank right now because of this. You want them to heal and be healthy so you let them "rest" for a bit after the split, by that time they are well rooted in your tank.