FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Yes Wardlaw, 2-3 years in an established tank was enough for me. If anything was to kill him, it would have done it already by now. I just did an external check and he had no torn fins and looked very fat and happy.

The emperor was an absolute deal indeed! Too crazy to pass up on... it wasn't even in my plans but Gig'em was whispering in my ear about how great an emperor would look in the tank and I jumped on it. I was really just trying to copy ol' aggie and get one too.

He's mine Juiceman! You have like 1,000 fish... give ole JeeperTy one after his whole marine velvet fiasco! The whole time Bobby was trying to catch him... some mysterious texts kept popping up saying... just say no Ty. [emoji12]

HaHaHa! I know if have like 15 Tangs, but I want a Regal and an Emperor too!

I still want to add a regal angelfish. You're the fish king... you think it would work out to have both? I've heard the emperors are very territorial... I'm afraid the regal will get harassed bigtime.

HaHaHa! I know if have like 15 Tangs, but I want a Regal and an Emperor too!

I still want to add a regal angelfish. You're the fish king... you think it would work out to have both? I've heard the emperors are very territorial... I'm afraid the regal will get harassed bigtime.

I think the key is adding them at the same time. And I built that acclimation holder too so they can take out some aggression before them get released. It's worked pretty well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have my giant fish trap that I can acclimate them in and James made me an awesome acclimation box before he moved that I have yet to glue together. I think I'll go with the bombarding method. Add like 5 fish at the same time and there will be too many for him to key in on one. [emoji16]

Whispering?! I wasn't whispering!! I was yelling at you through text message. "TY! TY!!! GET THAT ANGEL TY! HURRY! IT'LL SAVE MORE MONEY THAN COST IN TERMS OF BUYING ANGELFISH! GOGOGOGOGOGO!!"

Yes Wardlaw, 2-3 years in an established tank was enough for me. If anything was to kill him, it would have done it already by now. I just did an external check and he had no torn fins and looked very fat and happy.

The emperor was an absolute deal indeed! Too crazy to pass up on... it wasn't even in my plans but Gig'em was whispering in my ear about how great an emperor would look in the tank and I jumped on it. I was really just trying to copy ol' aggie and get one too.

He's mine Juiceman! You have like 1,000 fish... give ole JeeperTy one after his whole marine velvet fiasco! The whole time Bobby was trying to catch him... some mysterious texts kept popping up saying... just say no Ty. [emoji12]

Whispering?! I wasn't whispering!! I was yelling at you through text message. "TY! TY!!! GET THAT ANGEL TY! HURRY! IT'LL SAVE MORE MONEY THAN COST IN TERMS OF BUYING ANGELFISH! GOGOGOGOGOGO!!"

I'll make sure to find a way to spend your money.... errr... I mean save you money the next time I see something you must have!

So, funny story. Yesterday, my new emperor angelfish decides to scare the heck out of me and taste literally everything in my tank. I MEAN EVERYTHING! He nibbled at SPS polyps, LPS polyps, sponges, algae, live rock, sand, effluent plumbing, asterina starfish, zoa polyps, cyano, you name it... it took a test bite.

Funny thing is, no damage whatsoever, other than a couple of really scared SPS polyps. Even better, after testing everything, he stopped nibbling. It seemed like a more aggressive version of what my old rabbitfish did... just testing everything with his mouth first... a fish version of feeling around.

I wasn't so worried about the SPS polyps honestly... because if he spent all day nibbling at them, there's enough in the tank for him to spread around the damage and not really cause much damage at all.

I was more worried about having to give up the few LPS that are allowed to stay in my system or the zoa polyps that started my whole coral crazy in the first place. Let's hope he's done "testing".

Good picture of the emperors' pattern and color change. You can see a little yellow on the top of the body and the swirls of the juvenile are slowing straightening up. The face has remained mostly in juvenile form so it'll be exciting to see the transformation of it. I'll try to document it as best as I can.

6bc8d3b50699a81cb85a2b23e2c1a9b9.jpg

Btw, this guy eats like a pig and devoured everything I threw in the tank. He ate pellets, mysis, bloodworms, flakes, and nori. Kudos to the good care he received prior to my tank. Oh, and I forgot to mention, he grunted at me for walking up to the tank last night. Guess it's a gentle reminder that it's his tank now.

• Like 1

Yeah, some larger angels grunt... kind of sounds like a baby pig or something, just not as extended. My cardinal used to click all the time during feedings. Sounded like two sticks being clanged together.

Keep talking Gig'em... I know where you live. I can drop off a heaping pile of cyano in your sump when you're not looking.

That's alright, it would starve and die out when it wouldn't be able to compete with all the hair algae in my tank.

That's interesting about the grunting. It makes sense that fish would make audible noises to declare their territory instead of engaging in physical contact that could cause physical damage. You should start recording fish sounds and make your own music made entirely from sounds from your tank! punk.gif

When you're right, you're right! Lol.

Anybody have an underwater microphone? I'll start sending out mix tapes for everyone.

Better yet, I'll use them as background music for my videos... they might be an upgrade.