FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Alright, last update for the night. While away this weekend, my CaRX effluent decided to clog. Still working out the kinks to the new reactor but at least it's holding the alk pretty steady. On that note, when it clogged, my alk dive bombed from 8.2 dKh down to 6.8 dKh in two days. Luckily I caught it before it caused too much issue (I'll give a nod to my Apex for screaming in my ear that something was off). I corrected the low alk over the span of the day and besides some slight alk related STN on two to three frags, by the next day, it had stopped and growth resumed on all the frags again. Crisis averted!

The return pump was needing a good overhaul. The vibrations were a little more than I was happy with so I decided to do something about it tonight. How does one fix a loud return pump? Well naturally... go to Bed Bath and Beyond! [emoji15]

I picked up one of these that I thought was perfect for the job.

878fd5ef654e7fd87f2ae5fad0235d00.jpg

b4cf191047bbac5c5284e7118f07069f.jpg

100% silicone and it had trivets that would be perfect for absorbing. vibration. I folded it in half to double up on the silicone for the pump to sit on and then cut two pieces and zip-tied them to the body of the pump to absorb any vibrations if it leaned against anything on the side.

bac2f837d7dde8d8437be1d3efd00425.jpg

e2d5e6186e57d15147a2cf8141158016.jpg

9e75d8c47d8324ae0ceba8d779676c5f.jpg

Viola, quiet pump... and in some circles, perhaps a little stylish too!

Fun video of the Jaebo pumps in sync via my Apex and creating a nice smooth wave. Usually the wave isn't this visible since the water is crashing over the overflow but since I was working on the return pump the other day, it gave me the rare chance to capture what it looks like when they are synced up in wave mode. No fun music this time around but I promise I won't ever slack again...

All this craze about repurposing old phones as webcams got me all excited and so I did the same with my old Samsung S3.

http://107.207.77.238:8080/browserfs.html

username: jeeperty

password: corals

Just hit the flash button and fullscreen on a regular computer or if you're on a mobile, hit the browser button and the full screen button. Lights are on from 4:30pm - 1:00 am for you night owls like me.

I don't know if I'll have it up all the time but it's fun to play with and I know what's going to babysit my tank the next time I'm out of town. Hello Apex and webcam!

• Like 3

Just realized the reflection off the tank glass during the day shows my formal dining room... and that's where I mainly do my work from home so the camera will be down during the daytime. wave.gif

**** you reanimator! i was just about to log in and steal all your clients. awesome trend, i might try to do the same...with legitimate viewing hours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Work from home? Ha. We all know your sitting in your underwear staring at your tank all day eating cereal.

Exactly,

Like a kid sitting there waiting, come on lights!!!! Hurryhurryhurryhurryhurryhurry, please come on :(

• Like 1

Oddly, as my tank is maturing and I am slowly seeing the eye-popping colors coming out of my SPS, the one thing that surprised me most was how much better my anemone coloration has become. It has even started to bubble again!

They both started losing color when I moved them to the new tank and stopped bubbling up. Now that my parameters have stabilized and they had some time to recover, they are regaining their old coloration that I loved so much about them and bubbling again. I have rehomed one to Jellyfish and currently enjoy the one lone bubble tip.

2dcac88f9feca8d16e1ce6b9789cb4c3.jpg

c7481240c97b87569035d2bf2893d8e5.jpg

e2fb70fa07742f952db81ba92b1ef8c8.jpg

19d4074e636fbd4f1e99d53dccfb6fb9.jpg

• Like 2