FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Nothing like getting blasted in the chest with 5,550 gph. Better get this cleaned up before the wife gets home! Off to Lowe's!

I'll explain later!

Sent via Tapatalk

Yikes Ty. I hope it wasn't stinky stagnant water.

By the way, the guy who gave you the Deltec must be a really nice guy.

This stuff was good and refreshing, like a quick dip in the Cote A'zure... not like that stinky stuff coming out of your tube.

That Deltec is still in my garage. That's overkill for anything but your giant tank!

You in Monaco?

Sent via Tapatalk

Nothing like getting blasted in the chest with 5,550 gph. Better get this cleaned up before the wife gets home! Off to Lowe's!

I'll explain later!

Sent via Tapatalk

ahhhh!?!? need any help? i got off early today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Kevin for the offer. I think I got the parts I needed to rectify my mistake.

Hopefully I can get it up and running soon!

Sent via Tapatalk

I'll explain later!

Sent via Tapatalk

This stuff was good and refreshing, like a quick dip in the Cote A'zure... not like that stinky stuff coming out of your tube.

That Deltec is still in my garage. That's overkill for anything but your giant tank!

You in Monaco?

Sent via Tapatalk

We were in Monaco today. Came back to Nice since we are staying here for the week.

What other CA RX did you pick up?

Tomorrow is a dip in the Med. Haven't had a chance yet.

Oh yeah. And look where I was today. 493da3a92ef1296661d868983853152a.jpg

the Monaco oceanography museum! how was it?

sorry to sidetrack from Ty's potential disaster.( hope everything's alright)

Here's the quick rundown:

8e4ehe7u.jpg

This guy's impeller began rattling and making noises this morning. Then it stalled out right when I was standing in front of the tank. I restarted it twice to no avail so I took it offline, called for warranty services, and they happily are sending me a more updated impeller. Apparently I had an old one.

ja4e2eqy.jpg

Welcome back you beautiful beast of a pump, the Reeflo Hammerhead gold. I reworked the plumbing and make sure nothing leaked. There seemed to be a slight drip from one of the manifold connections, port 2 to be exact.

9esypype.jpg

Enter me, Ty "overtighten" Ta, going in with a plumbers wrench to tighten it up a bit. Snap, pop... 5,550 gallons of water hit me in the chest... what's a guy to do?

hy9u3yje.jpg

Well jamb your thumb in it of course! I reached around with my other hand and pulled the plug. I've never felt a firehouse turned on me before but I could imagine it felt a little something like that... okay, maybe way less but that's as close as I ever hope to come to that.

I found some pvc parts that may do the trick for me to close off the open port and hopefully can run it normally again for a bit until the impeller gets here next week.

Sent via Tapatalk

Let me know if you need any help cleaning up before your wife gets home. We can do it Deuce Bigelo style!

Thanks bud! It's all cleaned up now. Just glued the pvc parts on and hope it jambs it up pretty good.

Still have 2 hours before she is the wiser. :-)

Sent via Tapatalk

I'll explain later!

Sent via Tapatalk

You in Monaco?

Sent via Tapatalk

We were in Monaco today. Came back to Nice since we are staying here for the week.

What other CA RX did you pick up?

Tomorrow is a dip in the Med. Haven't had a chance yet.

Nice man! You'll have to give us the rundown on the musuem.

I picked up a reactor off the classfieds, fixed it up, and running it now.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Frag swaps, fish sales, and mentees (just teasing Shawn)... oh my!

They've taken me away from updating my build thread! doh.gif

Nothing new other than I got in my vent fan and looking to wire it up and give it a test run sometime next week. I'm also hoping I get a chance sometime this weekend to prime and paint everything so that it is ready to go for final assembly of the stand/canopy. The frag swap allowed me to pass along some corals I had in abundance and clear out my tank a bit for the final aquascaping. I have a ton of live rock just cycling away in a brute trash can and I'll be ready to pull out some pieces to finalize my tank. Last note, I officially shut down the old CaRX and running the new one in the sump. It's keeping up with the alk/Ca usage just fine.

Here's some fun pics I took tonight because if I babble too much and don't show any pictures, everyone will zone off fast! thumbsdown.gif

• Like 1

Fascinating! The underside of the anemone has light green spotting!

mudyjequ.jpg

Gen 2... really gen 3

ru4umu8u.jpg

All wired up for the initial test run

uzy2eveg.jpg

Fat fish

9a4agu8a.jpg

$15 score at a LFS... I actually hope it dies so I can try to make more fungia babies!

gehe8yvu.jpg

What's left of the purple stylo, post cutting

uheny6e3.jpg

Holy meteor shower batfishman!

utaputa8.jpg

Polyps in the night

u3y8u5up.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

Since you're running LEDS and T5s, just get the same fan I'm running but get the one with the relative humidity sensor already installed. I could barely tell the fan was even on when testing it. It's an amazing product!

Sent via Tapatalk

Well, got my solid state relay on the way so I hope to hook this awesome fan up soon. I ran it at the 30 CFM and couldn't tell it was even on. Then when I ramped it up to 110 CFM, still couldn't tell it was on. I had to hold my hand over the output to feel the air to know it was actually doing anything.

Looking forward to installing this bad boy but figured no point in doing it yet until the SSR arrives so I can go ahead and run the wiring for it. Actually, now that I am writing this, I guess I could have the fan in place and the ethernet cord (rewiring that for the VDM to SSR cable) and have everything pre-installed, just waiting for the SSR.

Also, I ended up with a 1/3 HP chiller, when I wasn't even in the market for a chiller. But for the low, low price of $100, with 2 temperature controllers, how could I pass up on that? It'll definitely put a twist on my fan venting project. The whole point was to remove all the heat in the canopy and stand due to the equipment, but mainly due to the 1200 watts of MH lighting. The added benefit was moisture removal as well.

Now with a 1/3 HP chiller, heat won't be an issue regarding water temperature at least, though venting the hot air within the stand/canopy will keep the chiller from cycling on as much. I almost feel like just a continuous run of 30 CFM the whole time should remedy both heat and humidity if it's getting help with the chiller. Then again, the chiller puts out a lot of heat by itself. We'll just see I guess. I can keep running scenarios in my head but I think a real world test will determine the optimal setup.

mudyjequ.jpg

Gen 2... really gen 3

ru4umu8u.jpg

uzy2eveg.jpg

Fat fish

9a4agu8a.jpg

$15 score at a LFS... I actually hope it dies so I can try to make more fungia babies!

gehe8yvu.jpg

uheny6e3.jpg

utaputa8.jpg

Polyps in the night

u3y8u5up.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

I was so convinced I was going to buy an orange fungia from you at the frag swap. When I met you, you were still busy setting up and I told myself I would give you some space and come back to get the fungia. When I did come back you were already sold out:(

mudyjequ.jpg

Gen 2... really gen 3

ru4umu8u.jpg

uzy2eveg.jpg

Fat fish

9a4agu8a.jpg

gehe8yvu.jpg

uheny6e3.jpg

utaputa8.jpg

Polyps in the night

u3y8u5up.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

I was so convinced I was going to buy an orange fungia from you at the frag swap. When I met you, you were still busy setting up and I told myself I would give you some space and come back to get the fungia. When I did come back you were already sold out:(

mudyjequ.jpg

Gen 2... really gen 3

ru4umu8u.jpg

uzy2eveg.jpg

Fat fish

9a4agu8a.jpg

gehe8yvu.jpg

uheny6e3.jpg

utaputa8.jpg

Polyps in the night

u3y8u5up.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

I wish I could work on my tank all day Jim! There are houses that need new owners! :-) I'll hopefully have an update tonight or you'll see on the nightly news... local reefer fell through ceiling after being electrocuted trying to install a SSR to his vent fan. Luckily, his 215-gallon tank was below him and the assortment of corals in his tank broke his fall (ouch, I should have ran a softie tank)!

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1