FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

It's coming along. have a bunch of baby clowns in the sump/refuge

Hey TY if your ever out in these woods over here, come buy I need you to help me set up Calcium reactor.

Here's a video to get you in the right direction. Set-up and Tune a Calcium Reactor | How To Tuesday:

In response to KimP making me look like a slacker with the progress on her tank build, I decided to get moving on my canopy and managed to mock this up during the week with some helpful advice from a fellow reefer, c67stang. I'm sure he laughs himself to sleep with the ridiculousness of some of the questions I asked him.

by9umu3u.jpg

e7a6ypan.jpg

huruqupu.jpg

y9eza7yv.jpg

nymy3u3y.jpg

Fun side shot since I was standing there anyways

yre3e9u6.jpg

I managed to hang my lights from the ceiling and for now, hung the supporting cables. I'd like to run all the cables up and to the side so it still allows me access to the back. Getting back there tonight was cumbersome with all those cables in the way.

I'm pretty impressed with the euro cabinet hinges I bought to use on the front piece of the canopy. It's holding that plywood with ease and the easy hinge action to open is very nice. That plywood is about 30 lbs and it's holding it up with little strain. I still need to work on some type of prop or pneumatic system to allow it to hold the door up by itself but for now, I am using the patented "rest it on my head" system that I've employed since I was a kid.

I'll work on framing the sides of the tank and then once everything fits nicely together, I'll take it apart and put a couple coats of primer on everything to protect the wood.

Afterwards, I'll be adding a bathroom vent fan as a final step to vent the hot air and humidity out of the house and also keep my tank cool while at it.

As for my tank, everything is looking pretty good these days as most of my sps have been encrusting nicely. I think I finally diagnosed the problem of too little nutrients in the tank and once I took action to remedy that, everything has been looking good. I shut down my biopellets a couple weeks ago, I have been without GFO for months now, I dosed phosphates and nitrates, and I even shut my skimmer off for close to a week. I now have it running again but set it to skim very dry. I even added an air bubbler to help counter my lower pH from my CaRX. I'll run it like that for now until I get the opportunity to run a line up through the roof for the skimmer air input and help raise my pH by drawing air from the outside. I'm hoping to do that when I install the bathroom vent fan.

That's all I got for now. Hopefully this can all be wrapped up before Thanksgiving. That's the deadline I'm giving myself.

Sent via Tapatalk

• Like 1

I was thinking the same thing with the Pistons Dustin. I may work on that before anything else, seeing how the top of my head is extra sore today for some reason.

Jim, originally I was planning to relocate the vent outside of the canopy and modify the existing hole for the exhaust fan. Then I realized it was not just a vent with soft ducting run to it but it was actually run with hard ducting and unfortunately it's connected directly underneath the hard ducting. Seeing as how I would rather not mess with the hard ducting, I will probably just manually close off that duct and install one just outside of it to keep air distribution the same in the house.

Sent via Tapatalk

Makes sense. You can tell I'm an engineer: I can't stop worrying wink.png

Oh believe me, I worked with my fair share of engineers while I was a consultant so I know all about it! Haha.

While not the ideal solution, it's the best I'm going to be able to do with my limited knowledge of AC ducting and my desire to not make things worse! I'm sure I can rig it but without intimate knowledge of the impacts of rerouting the hard ducting, I'd rather not risk it.

Negative sore headed ghost rider.........:)

Just find the nearest hard pipe joint separate the hard pipe there and discard the piece going to the bucket. Slip the flex on (it's probably 6") and extend to the new location and zip tie the inner piece of flex to the bucket and hard pipe and then roll the insulation back down and zip tie that.

Your vent fan that you install over your tank needs to be rated for continuous use. The cheapo ones that you can get at Home Depot aren't rated for continuous use and if you use the contioniously can melt and drop melted plastic into your tank or worse start a fire. DONT GO CHEAP.

I would put ot a post on here and maast for a HVAC tech help for a couple frags. :)

• Like 1