FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Yeah, they used to be so common that people started to avoid it and then all of a sudden, nobody had it anymore. Now everybody wants a piece back. Can't beat their radioactive green color and thick branches and how it can dominate an aquascape.

Dominate is exactly the right word. And that color is so rich and deep; so many acros, while lovely, are so light or bright. The only other acro in your tank that rivals the slimer for depth of color is that purple one with green polyps that looks like a GARF bonsai. Anyways I'm done dominating this thread; excellent diversity and spread--I love it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Oregon Tort has literally punched people in the mouth as they have come into the house. [emoji12]

a86401183c7e6f0652f488cb7dc90eef.jpg

Ok I take it back.

Duuuuuuude I wanna see your tank irl now, lol. This is making me gain appreciation for acros. Obviously I need to set aside a couple of hours to go through this whole build thread!

That's a slippery slope you're walking on. Tread lightly and with caution!

• Like 2

Haven't been able to play much with the tank lately because I've been swamped with work but I did finally get a Samsung Note7 replacement... Say hello to my new LG V20, my 3rd new phone in 2 months. [emoji19]

I got to test out the camera tonight. I'm pretty happy with the results.

7eabfca799d9f617484572f2230c4e1e.jpg

9b70e4b2ebea0687ac0fc733c31121a3.jpg

4642a26266b5ba0dbe0e3fa7a7d115cd.jpg

9119fbfa302ede7bf3e2ee2564c18468.jpg

0bae1edafd59c39994e0373ae7e7b6c1.jpg

0bfbaa5778255d99a32fd3e27b2b85d7.jpg

3b3cb8b56c33d5890d3451bfa236d41f.jpg

d02e1830483b75656b742aaa39be4c3c.jpg

Wow, I miss 1 day and look what happens?

Ty re-aquascapes, wins Mr. Olympia and get another phone. What's next? Cure cancer? Global warming?

It's from all those buckets I carry for water changes. [emoji12]

Wowzers! That's the phone I was going to get tomorrow. Very nice! But I got coral and a cat instead

Sent from Sissy's phone

There's other things you can spend your money on other than cell phones and tank stuff? [emoji15]

After seeing those amazing pictures I have determined my next paycheck is spent. I want to how you get it to look like you're in the water. They are crystal clear

Sent from Sissy's phone

It's the phone, not me. I'm just the dummy who pushes the snap picture button. I think keeping the ISO low is key as it reduces artifacts in the picture for a nice crisp look. I just adjust the shutter speed to compensate for the darker images. It has a great manual mode on the camera to let you tweak settings. I'll stop talking like I know what I'm doing now. [emoji4]

a7017ee992577702e72ce5a5d72992f1.jpg

• Like 1

After seeing those amazing pictures I have determined my next paycheck is spent. I want to how you get it to look like you're in the water. They are crystal clear

Sent from Sissy's phone

It's the phone, not me. I'm just the dummy who pushes the snap picture button. I think keeping the ISO low is key as it reduces artifacts in the picture for a nice crisp look. I just adjust the shutter speed to compensate for the darker images. It has a great manual mode on the camera to let you tweak settings. I'll stop talking like I know what I'm doing now. [emoji4]

Very cool! I get it. I get lazy and rely on auto. For every 100 shots I use about 5 for my greeting cards and out of those maybe one or two for a canvas print. Maybe I'm burned out, or just entirely too picky. Although my tank has inspired a whole new facet to explore. Time to stock up on sd cards!

Sent from Sissy's phone

Sent from Sissy's phone

Very cool! I get it. I get lazy and rely on auto. For every 100 shots I use about 5 for my greeting cards and out of those maybe one or two for a canvas print. Maybe I'm burned out, or just entirely too picky. Although my tank has inspired a whole new facet to explore. Time to stock up on sd cards!

Sent from Sissy's phone

I forget you do photography! I must have sounded like a chimp to you in the earlier post. Awww... Look at this guy... Bless his heart... He's trying. [emoji12]

Lol! No, I didnt think that at all. I admire many artists of many types of art no matter the amount of experience. Does it bring you as the artist joy? And as the observer does it evoke feeling and thoughtfulness? Those are the questions to ask. You enjoy it and it shows in your pictures, well done :)

Sent from Sissy's phone

• Like 1

Big boy is back in the tank. I wanted to let the smaller angels and tangs get acclimated before releasing him back in. He's grown quite a bit in the tub... Looks like a manatee swimming in my tank.

cfe2ccc7edda054fbfba25ed0650c867.jpg

He also went back to his echinata snacking ways. He took 2 or 3 small nibbles off my colony.

1f87f7bcea5ef19979e3f286c5ca23d7.jpg