FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Having kids is like watching Deadpool intermittently spliced with 15 second clips of Animal Planet. My kids are awesome most of the time; they make jokes, act silly, and sometimes cuddle. The rest of the time they're chaotic and make little sense. I hear my kids crying and think it's for a good reason, but it's not. One time my 3 year old cried for ten minutes because I told her my favorite color was blue. This morning she was mad because she didn't want ice in her water. Last month my 1 year old stuck his head in the bathwater and tried to breathe. Of course he thought it was hilarious in between coughs and tried it again. Being a reasonable person, I thought he would figure it out. Nope, he got mad when I stopped him the third time and had take him out of the bath early so that he wouldn't drown himself. You'll notice that your kid has their own personality almost immediately. Both of my kids have totally different personalities and I'm not trying to change that. I just want to raise them into halfway decent, law abiding, human beings.

In a way it's like having an aquarium. You can control the environment and give them what they need, but fish are going to do what fish are going to do. If your angelfish starts eating zoas, then you remove the zoas. If your kid starts eating crayons then you remove the crayons. Same thing LOL! I think Ty already has the skills he needs as long as he doesn't try to dip the baby in Beyer. Also try and remember that fingers and toes won't grow back and the once a year water change method won't worth with diapers.

This is the most hilarious post I've seen all year! Thank you for that bud! rofl.gif

• Like 1

Having kids is like watching Deadpool intermittently spliced with 15 second clips of Animal Planet. My kids are awesome most of the time; they make jokes, act silly, and sometimes cuddle. The rest of the time they're chaotic and make little sense. I hear my kids crying and think it's for a good reason, but it's not. One time my 3 year old cried for ten minutes because I told her my favorite color was blue. This morning she was mad because she didn't want ice in her water. Last month my 1 year old stuck his head in the bathwater and tried to breathe. Of course he thought it was hilarious in between coughs and tried it again. Being a reasonable person, I thought he would figure it out. Nope, he got mad when I stopped him the third time and had take him out of the bath early so that he wouldn't drown himself. You'll notice that your kid has their own personality almost immediately. Both of my kids have totally different personalities and I'm not trying to change that. I just want to raise them into halfway decent, law abiding, human beings.

In a way it's like having an aquarium. You can control the environment and give them what they need, but fish are going to do what fish are going to do. If your angelfish starts eating zoas, then you remove the zoas. If your kid starts eating crayons then you remove the crayons. Same thing LOL! I think Ty already has the skills he needs as long as he doesn't try to dip the baby in Beyer. Also try and remember that fingers and toes won't grow back and the once a year water change method won't worth with diapers.

My nephew cries at anything in a heartbeat so I will shame him when he gets older with my Why is Dead crying? Album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1357544667608412&type=1&l=d5ce6753be

• Like 3

My nephew cries at anything in a heartbeat so I will shame him when he gets older with my Why is Dead crying? Album https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.1357544667608412&type=1&l=d5ce6753be

I have been dying to see the complete series!

Sent from Sissy's phone

Back to the fishes and coral!

Reintroduced the Achilles, powder blue, and naso tang this morning. The Achilles and powder blue are checking out their new/old home while the naso ran off and hid somewhere as expected. I'll update with a picture when the lights come on after I get back from my closing.

Looks like "buggy" remembered his old sitting hole.

19949224569ddc3cb1068d3ff2483388.jpg

• Like 1

Oh, and for entertainment value, I got scalpeled by the achilles while transitioning him to the DT. That was my first in all these years that I've kept tangs.

It didn't make me bleed but definitely cut skin.

388752e6f11da36ed7d4bd0f5777f684.jpg

Careful or your wife is going to make you hire a tank maintenance service to insure you stop getting injured by your "hobby".

How big is the hippo you're thinking of rehoming? If you decide to, I'd like her. Lost mine when electricity went out and bc of Finding Dory the price of them is about triple! [emoji51]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big is the hippo you're thinking of rehoming? If you decide to, I'd like her. Lost mine when electricity went out and bc of Finding Dory the price of them is about triple! [emoji51]

She's about 6" but she's a yellow belly hippo = spendy spendy. Not sure if you were looking for a yellow belly or a regular one.

She's about 6" but she's a yellow belly hippo = spendy spendy. Not sure if you were looking for a yellow belly or a regular one.

I have watched the price going up on the Hippo tangs for months now. Surprisingly they have yellow belly tangs on live aquaria for 89.00. I have seen small regular hippos for 125 in local stores, go figure.

I have watched the price going up on the Hippo tangs for months now. Surprisingly they have yellow belly tangs on live aquaria for 89.00. I have seen small regular hippos for 125 in local stores, go figure.

Blame that Dory movie!

I asked my wife if she wanted to re-home your Purple Tang and she said, "Nah, it's so plain." Great, I've created a fish snob!

Definitely not hating on anyone's tank who has a purple tang but I kinda agree with your wife on that one. I never did and still don't see the allure of the purple tang. ESPECIALLY for what they typically cost.

I asked my wife if she wanted to re-home your Purple Tang and she said, "Nah, it's so plain." Great, I've created a fish snob!

Definitely not hating on anyone's tank who has a purple tang but I kinda agree with your wife on that one. I never did and still don't see the allure of the purple tang. ESPECIALLY for what they typically cost.

Broke my heart...

001a387f2f8ff21a06a48104f4859208.jpg

• Like 3

Ah. Yessir, I'd like a boring regular one. [emoji6]. Besides, 6" is too big for my tank right now. (Have to word that correctly w/ bobcat reefer lurking out there[emoji23])

• Like 1