FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

As much as I'd want you to stick it out because you've already wasted half a year on it, I look at it like this. You can either:

Option#1: Keep an Achilles and Powder Blue Tang

or

Option#2: -Have a pissed off wife

-Keep unsightly tubs/tanks scattered all over the house to maintain.

-Not enjoy the relaxing beauty of your tank and livestock (primary reason in the hobby for most of us) for 240 days

-Spend more money

-Become apathetic to the loss of tons of coral that you spent so much money/time trying to grow, frag, sell

Does the Cerebra not have email/text alerts?

It will once the cloud is up and running. They underestimated the issues that they encountered transferring it from their in-house servers to the Amazon servers. While a little annoying, I have to keep in mind that the controller is still beta and that they completely took fault for the underestimation of the issues they would encounter migrating the cloud service to Amazon servers. It's refreshing to have a company straight out just say, my bad, we underestimated how difficult something would be and work their tails off to make it right.

Glad they are working on it, I really want it to be a major competitor in the controller arena. Where are you getting the news on it from? My googling hasn't turned up anything.

Does the Cerebra not have email/text alerts?

It will once the cloud is up and running. They underestimated the issues that they encountered transferring it from their in-house servers to the Amazon servers. While a little annoying, I have to keep in mind that the controller is still beta and that they completely took fault for the underestimation of the issues they would encounter migrating the cloud service to Amazon servers. It's refreshing to have a company straight out just say, my bad, we underestimated how difficult something would be and work their tails off to make it right.

There's a time to jump off the band wagon! Great customer support is one thing, but not having the dev staff to make the hop to AWS is concerning!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BorntoHula - I get all my info directly from the Cerebra support staff and engineers on the Cerebra forum, that's only accessible to Cerebra owners.

Bluemoon- I'm still just running beside the bandwagon for now. Haven't jumped on but still close enough that I can jump on if desired. shifty.gif The support staff and engineers have been great with the revisions and updates. The dev staff is working like crazy to get it online but I think a part of it too is since they are spending a lot of time taking care of the initial round of fixes, they may be holding back the cloud function as they know they'll get their second hit of bugs to fix at that point. That's my theory at least. Either way, it's still in Beta so I won't be too hard on them.

As much as I'd want you to stick it out because you've already wasted half a year on it, I look at it like this. You can either:

Option#1: Keep an Achilles and Powder Blue Tang

or

Option#2: -Have a pissed off wife

-Keep unsightly tubs/tanks scattered all over the house to maintain.

-Not enjoy the relaxing beauty of your tank and livestock (primary reason in the hobby for most of us) for 240 days

-Spend more money

-Become apathetic to the loss of tons of coral that you spent so much money/time trying to grow, frag, sell

I like to look at it as a running experiment than a waste of time. whistle.gif I've confirmed that it is indeed possible to cram a purple tang, orange shoulder tang, blue hippo tang, naso tang, achilles tang, and powder blue tang all together in a tiny 50-gallon water volume with 10 other fish, a tiny skimmer, and 80lbs of live rock and keep them all happy and disease free, especially ich free, and not ever have to change their water. The live rock was another fun experiment. I quick cycled the rock, 12 days in a tub with a pump and some bacteria in a bottle. After only 12 days, it was able to keep up with the ammonia/nitrite produced from 15 fish, some quite large, with just a small skimmer and me feeding a ton of food daily to it.

Yes, sadly I am not enjoying my fish in the tank but I'm a long-term goal kind of guy... and in the right situations, have great patience. This oddly doesn't translate to driving for some reason. thumbsdown.gif

That is true, I was pretty apathetic towards my frag tank getting bombed by calcium precipitate. I was more upset that I lost 3 snails and an urchin. Luckily, once everything came back, I only tallied 4 frags of lepto and 4 frags of sunset monti that I lost. All the zoas survived and all the acros I had already moved to the main tank the week prior. I came out quite lucky.

I know it may sound weird but the tub has its own beauty to it. I think it kind of reminds me of a koi pond, like the ones my dad used to keep when I was a kid. And lately, I've gotten to enjoy a perspective of the fish I would normally not be able to enjoy, the top of them, like koi. The saltwater fish beauty is usually only appreciated from the side so I appreciate the new perspective.

I do appreciate your input sir! I think my energy has been recharged a bit with reefing and I'm starting to think I have the energy to keep this up for another 76 days.

Keep them all and hope for the best? Is that an option?

If ICH is all you're fighting, I think you'll be fine!

All the other fish are already together right? so any fighting between them has already happened?

I think I'm feeling the 76 days again and keep all the fish.

I'm not really fighting ich, just trying to eradicate it from the display. There's only one fish with ich, sadly, he's the one that is in the tank already. I took a calculated risk to save his life and unfortunately, it wasn't in my favor and he infected the display with ich again. He is perfectly happy with the ich and shows less of it lately. I know if I add all the other fish into the tank now, minus the achilles and powder blue tang, then they would all be fine and not have any issues with the ich-maintained tank. I just want an ich free tank, hence the 76 days again.

Yes, all the other fish are happy and living together already, minus the regal angel. Yes, all the bickering has occurred. No ich anywhere.

• Like 1

When you sell that fragtank are you going to have a disclaimer about it being cursed? Maybe you could get Scooby-Doo and the gang to check it out for you.

This thread is quiet the roller coaster.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

When you sell that fragtank are you going to have a disclaimer about it being cursed? Maybe you could get Scooby-Doo and the gang to check it out for you.

This thread is quiet the roller coaster.

Oh man, if it wasn't, I think I'd quit and do something that keeps my interest. I obviously get bored easily.

The main thing I regret with the frag tank was not running a CaRX immediately with the tank... That and don't be an idiot and use phosphate bound rock to start it off. [emoji12]

Even with that, just having to worry about a 2nd tank I realize is more than I ever want to do. So I'm kind of glad I had the complications, else, I'll be wearing myself out still running two tanks.

Oh yeah, not selling the tank. That's my frag swap tank. You'll see it doing its thing at C4!

I forgot about frag swaps. Maybe have a priest exercise(?) it before c4.

I am a little tired of two tanks too.

Oh yeah, not selling the tank. That's my frag swap tank. You'll see it doing its thing at C4!

I forgot about frag swaps. Maybe have a priest exercise(?) it before c4.

I am a little tired of two tanks too.

But that frag tank runs 24/7 so I don't think any additional exercise will help. [emoji12]

Two tanks is not in my lazy reefing future.

-Parker Veriflo DUAL STAGE stainless body

-Hoke 1335 series needle valve, stainless

-Burkett 6011 Stainless Solenoid Valve

-Stainless long nipple for connecting to any standard C02 tank

All stainless fittings. Every part was brand new in sealed packaging except the body which was new old stock.

How much does your Ca and alk levels increase after topping off your reactor? Mine went up by about 1 dkh after adding new media.

Don't really know. I always push my pH levels up higher to compensate for the higher volume of media after a refill.

Then I slowly lower the pH as the amount of media increases over time. This has been my schedule every 6 months roughly.

Ah, you're more of the slow-acclimation type. I'm more of the survive-crazy-swings-or-get-the-heck-out-of-my-tank mentality

So that's why two of your colonies tried to jump in my pocket the last time I was over there! [emoji23]

Ah, you're more of the slow-acclimation type. I'm more of the survive-crazy-swings-or-get-the-heck-out-of-my-tank mentality

So that's why two of your colonies tried to jump in my pocket the last time I was over there! [emoji23]
Yeah, I dealt with them pretty severely after that incident. Let's just say their home is now in the reactor...

Yeah, I dealt with them pretty severely after that incident. Let's just say their home is now in the reactor...
  • Like 1