FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Battle hardened?! If you consider having to wait in line at the smoothie stand as the worst thing that happened to you that day, then sure, your SPS are battle hardened. Your tank is the most pampered and stable tank, I dunno if battle hardened is the best description [emoji12]

Not fair, comparing anybody's corals to yours will make them look like pansies.

So I had bought a large 8 gal container to setup as my ATO for the frag tank yesterday. I did all kinds of wonderful calculations on the dilution of the kalk solution, the amount of evaporation/day, and the daily uptake of alk from the system... felt all smart for calculating I needed to supplement 0.4 dKh/day with a 0.21 gal/day evaporation rate with a pump that could pump 3.5 gph, and mixed a nice little 33% saturated solution of kalk top off water to dose with.

I setup the whole system and plug it into the Apex, turn it on to test, then turn it back off... program it to come on for 1 min every 6 hrs... come back in horror about 30 mins later as my pH goes from 8.0 to 8.7 and my alk jump from 8.0 dKh to 10.0 dKh.

All that and I forgot to plug the pump I used, the Tom's Aqualifter, to either the 4th or 8th port on the EB8 (for those non-Apex'ers, the 4th and 8th port are used for low voltage devices as they sometimes get stuck in the on position otherwise). So basically on my first test run, I dump about 2 gallons of kalk saturated topoff water into my frag tank.

Luckily my corals are battle-hardened and most are ticked but okay. [emoji4]

I did this exact same thing with the Tom's pump a while ago... water everywhere. Glad that your corals are alright!

• Like 1

How did you get him out of the rock, Ty? I have a nem I'm trying to encourage out of a rock I don't dig so much right now. Got a powerhead blowing in him in hopes of annoying him onto the rock next door.

Actually, putting a rock over the anemone to shade it out works best. When he's on the move, you snatch him as his foot won't be as attached as normal. The annoying him with a powerhead was the last ditch effort but that was combined with slowly dislodging his foot that allowed me to fully remove him from the rock.

• Like 1

Any suggestions on helping them like the spot you want them in? Or just wear my colander and cross my fingers?

I've never been able to dictate where they go. I just adjust my corals around them as once they find a spot they like, they tend not to move on me unless it splits.

Otherwise, cross those fingers and use an aluminum colander as it reflects the brain washing signals better than the stainless steel versions. [emoji12]

• Like 1

Are you getting rid of him entirely or is this a clone?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clone that was sold like months ago. It walked onto my aquascape and was a pain in the butt for the last couple months.