FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Good looking purple tang. You start your micro bubble regiment yet lol?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet, I'll let the others experiment with it first this time around before I jump in. Haha.

Wow Ty, that's a lot of fish swimming around. Looking good.

He's alive!

Yeah, alive and well. But maybe not back online much. I came on to message someone and had a couple of minutes, so I checked out a few builds.

He's alive!

Yeah, alive and well. But maybe not back online much. I came on to message someone and had a couple of minutes, so I checked out a few builds.

So more of a proof of life posting and then back in the shadows, huh? [emoji6]

He's alive!

well, if you keep talking to me, and i have to respond, you may suck me back in :).

He's alive!

well, if you keep talking to me, and i have to respond, you may suck me back in :).
Thanks for the tip! So how'd you get into saltwater? [emoji12]

This has a really different growth pattern, does it have a name? It looks fragile if you accidentally frag please put me on the list.

537acb400a6ef91d42873aedbdf779bb.jpg

Haha, it's indeed delicate. It's the Mr. Pacman acro. I only got it a few weeks ago so once it settles in and starts growing, I'll try to be clumsy around it for you.

Here's a picture of the mother colony I got it from.

e21fe2e51ec0cd317a5802e9779cfe0c.jpg

Looks like I see some white spots on that purple tang Ty.....

J/K laugh.png

WYSIWYG! It actually is ich. I mentioned I screwed up on one of my transfers and left them in too long. This is payback for not sticking to the schedule!

I'll probably be running fallow again soon. [emoji17]

J/K laugh.png

WYSIWYG! It actually is ich. I mentioned I screwed up on one of my transfers and left them in too long. This is payback for not sticking to the schedule!

Boy, you better leave those fish alone! You're stressing them and yourself out!

J/K laugh.png

Boy, you better leave those fish alone! You're stressing them and yourself out!
Never!

Oh no i was just kidding. I was hoping that you would be our textbook case study to see if it's worth all the headache.

It's so worth it, I'm going to do it twice! I'll make it right Good Greef. Currently working on catching all my fish out and I'll repeat the process. It's important enough for me to do it the right way that screwing it up the first time won't deter me.

So just to let everyone in, I had a secret "mod the Ocean Revive LED fixtures at my house" meetup. What was the goal? To remove all the cool white 10k LED diodes and replace them with warm white 3.5k diodes. Also removed the useless red and green diodes and replaced them with 3.5k diodes as well.

6dbb96390c9dcddf2c391221cae8406f.jpg

Why? Better usable spectrum of light and to help fix the Windex look I get from my LEDs as they are too focused on the blues/whites. I missed the warmer colors I'd get (red/orange/yellow) like when I had my MHs.

While it's too early to call a success yet, my purples have been popping, my reds look marginally better, some of my green acros have a hint of yellow in them now, and all together, it looks more like my old MH bulbs with a fuller spectrum.

Bonus... I learned how to solder! Gig'em and I could probably open up a factory at the rate we were pushing out fixtures towards the end. spiteful.gif

6064b8984078a3bced44fde5ccc3b1bd.jpg

The calamine lotion on his arm was totally unrelated to the soldering. We weren't that terrible!

• Like 2

It's a lie! Ty kept burning me with his soldering iron to get me to go faster and made my put lotion over the burns and have a fake smile for a picture. Oh it was horrible! HORRIBLE! poke.gif

Pretty fun project, went a whole lot smoother and easier than I anticipated. I don't know the lighting and colors of your tank as well as you do (obviously), but I sure thought the tank as a whole looked more colorful and it just made the whole room feel less "submariney". Hopefully in the coming months you'll be able to see a change in growth rate and coloration of the acros.

I'm ready to start an LED mod-shop whenever you are!

Such epic music.

Now design a system that can automatically feed frozen food when I'm away in the field for a week and I will throw money at you.

It's easy. I just set my calendar to automatically email your wife to tell her to put two cubes of frozen in the tank for you. Boom! Now shower me with money!