FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Bandit angel...

+1 Great fish!

Ours is really active and is always interested in what we're doing it.

Was a little prick to the new smaller angel, but he's calmed down now. Just had to establish dominance I guess.

Well sad to report that all my hard work during the 76 days of being fallow was for nothing. I saw some spots on my flame angel today in the main tank.

I was sitting here thinking about where I could have gone wrong and two things came to mind.

1) On my 2nd batch of new fish, I got caught in one of those "life happens" moments and on the 4th transfer, I wasn't able to get the fish in new water until the next day. Being the last transfer, I thought I was pretty safe as it was the obligatory "just in case" transfer, but it seems like I encountered the case and it bit me in the rear.

2) My QT tanks were in the same room as my fish that were already treated and sitting in the tub. I believe the rule is 8-10' away as trophonts can be carried by air with water droplets and make it into another tank nearby. I think this is the more unlikely scenario but wanted to mention in case somebody was replicating the process.

Anyways, pretty bummed but what are you going to do?

The only rammification thankfully is that I still will have just an ich-maintained tank like 80% of the tanks out there and looks like I better rehome the powder blue tang. I don't want to chance it again. With the fish population I keep, it's just another outbreak waiting to happen. If more lightly stocked, I wouldn't worry as much.

At least the little guy is already ich free to start and eats mysis and nori.

On that note, I may go ahead and introduce all the rest of my fish now since the new fish I got came from an established tank already and my tangs are already good to go.

Only reason I would have waited was to put the new fish through TTM but seeing how they came from an established tank, the only other reason I would QT them for is flukes and marine velvet and both are unlikely from an established tank.

Is he in the main tank yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you're talking the powder blue, then no. He's still in the tub and for sale now. I started a for sale post for him. Not going to any buyer though, only going to best suited tank if that makes any sense.

Oh no Ty, that sucks, I' m sorry to hear that man. Leopards are definitely finicky little buggers and potters are on of the tougher ones to keep. Totally stinks

Rob,

You're the person that'll appreciate this the most probably since you're such a wrasse-lover. I have a Japanese lunate wrasse (female), a Phillipine lunate wrasse (male), and a Hawaiian Elegant Coris wrasse (female) that I got from fellow hobbyist that is moving. I'll update with pictures/video when I get a chance. They all don't have full adult coloring yet but I looked them up and they are all spectacular!

The Cirrhilabrus lunatus is the female from Japan... the Cirrhilabrus cf. lunatus was more recently discovered and that's the male I have from the Phillipines.

Here's a cool Reefbuilders article detailing them a bit more. The Japanese one is discussed at the beginning of the article and the Phillipine one at the end.

https://reefbuilders.com/2015/05/13/fairy-wrasses-lunatus-group-2/

• Like 1

Wow that sucks Ty :(

I did notice your leopard flash on the sand, but I didn't want to say anything not knowing his behavior.

I'm sure it'll be fine if you keep stress low and everyone happy.

• Like 1

Dang Ty. Sorry to hear that. How likely do you think your two theories are? To me, I can't see how likely either are but then again, you are seeing spots in the tank. Are you 100% it is Ich?

What about firing up the UV now before it gets too grim?

Dang Ty. Sorry to hear that. How likely do you think your two theories are? To me, I can't see how likely either are but then again, you are seeing spots in the tank. Are you 100% it is Ich?

What about firing up the UV now before it gets too grim?

I'm thinking the first scenario is very likely.

I will fire up the UV regardless as I planned to run it full time anyways. Not the end of the world as I'm pretty sure it won't go plague level on me like it did with the powder blue in there but still sad I can't have one.

You mean, you've devastated US! My image of your perfection has been shattered. I'll never look at you the same.

I know, I know... hard to believe. I wanted to break it to everyone slowly but yes... I'm not perfect. bye.gif

What a waste....... You did all that to have a powder blue.... and youre not going to at least attempt to reap the benefit?

No way, I don't want to risk losing more fish when he turns the tank into ticking ich bomb!

You mean, you've devastated US! My image of your perfection has been shattered. I'll never look at you the same.

I know, I know... hard to believe. I wanted to break it to everyone slowly but yes... I'm not perfect. bye.gif

survivor.gif

• Like 1

With everyone reeling from that news, just keep my wife in your prayers. The next couple of weeks are going to be real hard for her... [emoji14] What do you mean the love of my life is not perfect?

With everyone reeling from that news, just keep my wife in your prayers. The next couple of weeks are going to be real hard for her... [emoji14] What do you mean the love of my life is not perfect?

At least you know how to spot those little white spots early on and can get her into treatment a.s.a.p.!

I'm sorry you went to all the trouble and Bam back to square one. Sucks.

Yeah, epic bummer. At least my wife saw the silver lining... she reminded me that the fish were pretty covered in ich when I removed them so I did cure them of ich and probably saved a couple of fish and also allow the ich population in the tank to drop to habitable levels again.
  • Like 2