FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

I could see the draining of the tank and the disturbance of the sandbed causing my phosphate to spike. Thanks for the ideas!

Ckyuv, it's my naso tang that absorbs phosphate, not my goby. He also clears your tank of nasty algae too. I'll sell this one-of-a-kind fish to you for the low, low price of $1,000. Think of him as a living phosphate reactor and algae removal device all in the handsome looking package of a blonde naso tang!

I think I'm doing it... I have the regal angel fever! Enough so that I'd risk all my zoas for one.

I've been eyeballing two regals and I'm just waiting for one of them to be interested in food and it's go time! Super excited! The regal angel is going to look amazing in that giant 100 gallon black tub. [emoji6]

• Like 3

Noooo!

Actually, I always found it odd that people photograph pictures of their fish out of the water while in their hands.

Well. I suppose it is one way to get them to hold still. I'd be afraid to try it with a tang

Here's a fun riddle:

All 17 fish have been removed from a 215-gallon tank (except one pesky dartfish). Feedings have been non-existent in the display tank for the past 10 days. My nitrates have stayed the same at roughly 6-8ppm but my phosphates have spiked to 0.04 ppm, up from basically non-detectable with an ultra low Hanna phosphorus meter that reads down to the parts per billion. Chew on that one for a bit. I know I will be! hmm.png

.04 ppm po4 is a spike? Man I purposely try to keep mine there and struggle to do so. It just drops to 0 a few days later.

Triggers are fine if you get blue jaw, pink tail, or crosshatch. I have had trigger in my tank with no problem to my corals....can't really speak for all the chromis or Firefin lol

Now big angels can be cool in a SPS tank if you keep them happy and full. I personally had the emporer angel with no problem.

I have even experimented with puffer...of course the smaller ones but they can do some damage to the tip of your coral.....if you have enough coral and those coral grow fast enough. Its totally cool.

Since 3 yrs ago. I have stop experimenting with fish and got into collecting acro strictly lol

• Like 1

I was staring at my fishless tank and decided I'd share some pictures of it and the newly rebuilt left side of the tank. I still don't really like it but it is much better than the first attempt when I first destroyed it.

Left side

40edbbde2fdfc4171ecc6182c58a3f7d.jpg

Right side

d5f5a00e44e413e55791114006e9f319.jpg

FTS

7a24cd48faffb56326c193d859ff5e17.jpg

No good reef tank is complete without the fish!

2e593b9a9c7e3d6130c4bda3bde7c5ff.jpg

• Like 2