FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

His predecessor won me a couple of "photos of the month" contests with that same shot. I'm glad he's taking to that hole as much as the last one. I'm still sad about the loss of the original "buggy" when I upgraded my tank. thumbsdown.gif

Quick update on my CaRX situation. I think I mentioned on here before about my CaRX being maxxed out and not keeping up with my usage in my tank once everything was happy again. Well, come to find out, the real problem was my pH probe (off by 0.35!)... either I didn't calibrate it correctly last time (1 month ago) or the probe is going bad. Either way, I switched the tank probe for the CaRX probe and recalibrated both just to be sure. My effluent is coming out a lot higher now and I'm not having to hand-dose to keep up with my usage!

As a backup, I have a giant CaRX on loan and if I can get it up and running, I may just do the swap and be upgrade proof for when my wife royally screws something up and I can guilt her into a 400+gal tank. spiteful.gif Not likely since I'm running the higher score on screwups but a guy can dream!

Well... nothing like being so tired that you forget to switch your 400-watt halide from "on" to "auto" on your apex and waking up in the morning to realize your corals on the right side of your tank have been baking under 400-500 par for 14 hrs.

Luckily nothing looks terrible except the zoas on the sand are a bit ticked. Good ole' sps, can't give them enough light!

Sent via Tapatalk

Nice looking frags you have been grabbing! Gotta get em when there're around!

Tanks loking great for what all you have been putting it thru. Hope everything gets to where you can leave it cruise control again

• Like 1

Thanks guys! It's been an exhausting and exhilarating road from death to life again in my sps world.

What has been fun is this new mariculture phase I'm been in lately. I am finding a new joy in finding diamonds in the rough and since the smaller than 2" frag ban has been lifted, I've opened my tank up to the maricultures even more.

It's been a delight to add great potential maricultures and seeing how they've colored up in the tank. I hope to document some of this coloring up and show the progress from ugly duckling to the beautiful swan... at least I hope swan!

Here's another one I found that I have great hopes for. Let's see if I can go from bleached to "the bomb" with this one.

asaqu7u6.jpg

2uhy6u4a.jpg

hutesumy.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk