FarmerTy's 215 build

FarmerTy

Haha, actually, the purple stuff is actually red turf algae... and I don't mind it at all. It's prettier to me than the base live rock and my tangs munch on it all day. Win win for now at least!

It is pretty amazing how quick things turn around in this hobby... it can also run the other way just as fast!

Some zoas are encrusting to the sand right now but you are correct, some are on large rocks already. I am just planning to do that with all of them now and let them all grow out... and even make a point to separate some to individual rocks and not have multiple types on one rock.

For the sunset, as with all montis, some will win against the acros and some will lose. I just let them grow out and pending which one is winning, I may relocate. Previously, the sunset won against the blue tenius but lost horribly against the hydnophora. For some of my montis, I have been known to glue my acro frags right on top of the monti colony as it encrusts outward. I like the contrast sometimes and you can't beat the location.

I always wondered how you got the acro inside a monti cap. Glad its not copyrighted material because I think I am going to use the idea.

Haha, actually, the purple stuff is actually red turf algae... and I don't mind it at all. It's prettier to me than the base live rock and my tangs munch on it all day. Win win for now at least!

It is pretty amazing how quick things turn around in this hobby... it can also run the other way just as fast!

Some zoas are encrusting to the sand right now but you are correct, some are on large rocks already. I am just planning to do that with all of them now and let them all grow out... and even make a point to separate some to individual rocks and not have multiple types on one rock.

For the sunset, as with all montis, some will win against the acros and some will lose. I just let them grow out and pending which one is winning, I may relocate. Previously, the sunset won against the blue tenius but lost horribly against the hydnophora. For some of my montis, I have been known to glue my acro frags right on top of the monti colony as it encrusts outward. I like the contrast sometimes and you can't beat the location.

I always wondered how you got the acro inside a monti cap. Glad its not copyrighted material because I think I am going to use the idea.

The next time you have a frag of #2 & 3 I want some!

Careful what you wish for James. I'm going to be hacking up that purple stylo colony in the next couple of weeks... mini colonies will ensue. I can always frag a piece of the green birdsnest for cheap. I'll let you know when the dremel adventure begins!

• Like 2

Even just thinking about it Manny will cost you a $1 and if you want to steal it, you'll have to sign a waiver.

"I, Manny, hereby declare that I will not hold JeeperTy responsible if my tank looks so crazily awesome when I glue my acros on my monti colonies that I win tank of the month and begin a life of fortune and fame, which ultimately leads to disaster as I cannot handle all the success that I end up crashing my tank on purpose to relieve myself of my tank of the month responsibilities."

• Like 2

Even just thinking about it Manny will cost you a $1 and if you want to steal it, you'll have to sign a waiver.

"I, Manny, hereby declare that I will not hold JeeperTy responsible if my tank looks so crazily awesome when I glue my acros on my monti colonies that I win tank of the month and begin a life of fortune and fame, which ultimately leads to disaster as I cannot handle all the success that I end up crashing my tank on purpose to relieve myself of my tank of the month responsibilities."

Never mind. I don't want that kind of responsibility. I hereby declare not to be like Ty for it is nearly impossible.

I'll post something after I have my frag glueing party after the America weekend! USA! USA! USA!

Plus, that will give time for my caps to encrust so I won't get blasted for having chopsticks in my tank as support rods. I won't hear the end of the jokes from the peanut gallery here on ARC.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk

Just a late night pic with both the islands lit and the middle MH off. Wanted to snap a pic before I start glueing up my millions of SPS frags on the rocks next week and liberate my sandbed and reclaim the sandbed!

aju8a8ut.jpg

And somehow I ended up with a 5-gal nano...

u5ysesym.jpg

Sent via Tapatalk

I think my urchin is on fire...

Be forewarned, if you are looking to relax, this isn't the video for it. It'll make you pump your fist in the air and want to party all weekend!

Looks like the urchin is trying to get into the mix for getting his groove on...

So far:

-breeding clownfish

-breeding mandarins

-breeding mini brittle stars

-pod city in my tank

-and the solo act from my urchin

• Like 1