Ridordea problem

Jimbo662

I've had a ricordea for about 6 mths. It's been in the same spot for at least 3 of those months and has always looked very healthy and even about a month ago it's mouth would open when I would feed Reef Chili. a couple of days ago I noticed the center start to change. I just pulled it out of the tank to see that the center is completely gone. It's like a donut now. the body still looks alive and healthy. Any idea what could be happening?

Jame

at least not while the lights are on.

peps hide during light, I'd scan the tank at night a couple times to make sure. And if you see them on it they might just be cleaning up a dead item. Good to just check how they act.

Peppermints have killed a few of my ricordea in the past. Seems to have stopped. I started with 4 peppermints though and am down to one. I'm sure the offender was likely eaten. The last one standing doesn't touch aiptasia or coral. Not real sure what he's eating.

Peppermints have killed a few of my ricordea in the past. Seems to have stopped. I started with 4 peppermints though and am down to one. I'm sure the offender was likely eaten. The last one standing doesn't touch aiptasia or coral. Not real sure what he's eating.

<br /><br />I'd bet he is eating pods and dietrius.