Online-coral

Toxiq Reef

Having had a few horrible online purchase experiences, receiving dead, bleached corals(wont bring up names,) where does one go? Our lfs' don't stock much sps, live aquaria experiences? One of my last untried locations.. Thanks

I have now purchased 4 SPS Colonies from Live Aquaria. 3 out of the 4 are doing well and growing. The first one died pretty fast, but I later figured out that my Koran Angel had taken a liking to it and aided it's demise. I only purchased from Diver's Den. The 3 I have done since removing the Koran have done very well and I will buy from them again.

Any SPS you ship will lose some color during the shipping stress, but once in a stable environment, they color up pretty quickly.

I have also used Austin Aqua Farms, but they typically only sell frags of SPS. They sell some colonies on their site, but their pretty pricey.

LiveAquaria has beautiful corals. The ones I've ordered I've always received in amazing condition and packaged quite well. ( I cant say the same for DrFosterSmith) AAF, cherry Corals, Vivid, Blue corals, exoticfrags.us (no wysiwyg, but this is where the tyree and tubbs lines originated), aquasd.com...

I have now purchased 4 SPS Colonies from Live Aquaria. 3 out of the 4 are doing well and growing. The first one died pretty fast, but I later figured out that my Koran Angel had taken a liking to it and aided it's demise. I only purchased from Diver's Den. The 3 I have done since removing the Koran have done very well and I will buy from them again.

Any SPS you ship will lose some color during the shipping stress, but once in a stable environment, they color up pretty quickly.

I have also used Austin Aqua Farms, but they typically only sell frags of SPS. They sell some colonies on their site, but their pretty pricey.

If you go up to AAF on saturdays, he usually has quite a bit more on hand in the line of colonies. I was there last saturday and he received over 400 pieces!

If you go up to AAF on saturdays, he usually has quite a bit more on hand in the line of colonies. I was there last saturday and he received over 400 pieces!

Yeah, I go up there all the time. I've never asked him what the prices were, I've just seen the colonies and frags for sale online for high prices.

AAF has always been good to me probly made around 5+ purchases from with. Reefs to go not so much but other member have made used them

I ordered almost 300$'s worth of coral from Reef's 2 Go when they had 10$ sale on all corals. Hardly any of them made it. They asked me to write a review for them. I told them they wouldn't like what I wrote. They told me they wanted to fix it. They resent all the 1's that didn't make it. They were way more heads then what I ordered and they were super fat heads. They all made it this time around.

Reefs2go did the same thing for me but I didn't have a complaint. They said my order was buy one get one free. Resent my entire order for free, even items that weren't on the bogo free list. And free shipping both times.

I recently ordered 5 zoa frags from Cultivated Reef and they're all doing good so far. Greg was great to work with and his prices were decent. I'll buy from him again.

• Like 1