Arranging your rock

Wade

How do you all arrange the rock in your tank in relation to the back glass? I've got mine just a couple of inches off the back glass which allows for a couple of undesirable things: hard to clean algae off the glass and more places for fish to hide. Should I more it right up close to the glass or more in the middle of the tank and further away from the back glass?

I think this decision is completely subjective. I like to keep my rock off of the back wall, mostly for better flow, and also I like to keep my back glass scraped for a really clean look.

If I COULD, I would keep my rocks off the glass and have kind of the large rock tower on the left, short rock tower on the right, with a trail In the middle.

I have a 55 gallon though with very little front to back room so I am basically forced to keep it against the back glass. For that purpose I have a mj1200 on the lower left corner blowing the length of the tank along the back glass just to ensure nothing settles and creates a dead spot. My engineer goby helps keep the sand sifted back there too.