What do you do with frag plugs?

SChrisEV

Okay so you frag/propagate your coral onto plugs, easy to hold in a frag rack etc. I get that and when i eventually start to frag I'll likely do the same. My question is for those of you/us that bring home frags from the store, or others what do you do, how do you place the frag in your tank? The plugs don't look natural at all, so I'm looking for your input on how you "hide" them in your display tank, or do you remove them from the plug, or what? I've lucked out in a few cases and found holes in rock that they that fit into, but my luck only goes so far! :) I've used epoxy in a couple cases to attach the plug but then I have pretty a big white(ish) blob.

I do like ty and let the coral overgrow thee plug, once its grown over it easy to rip the frag plug out leaving behind a nice colony that will fill in and you can just sell the frag :)

its like a tank propagation loaning program!

I do like ty and let the coral overgrow thee plug, once its grown over it easy to rip the frag plug out leaving behind a nice colony that will fill in and you can just sell the frag smile.png

its like a tank propagation loaning program!

awesome idea. i have 10+ frags that are way past the plug. i will be cutting them out soon. thanksgrin.png