Petco LOL

nuxx

If from a normal wholesaler... would the quality / shipping be on par with other online ordered fish, excluding LA DD or the like...

I couldn't imagine their quality being anywhere in the ballpark. I've heard their fulfillment is done by A&M Aquatics, but not at all certain on that. They definitely don't do it themselves. Vivid has really good stock. DFS and specifically DD is probably unbeatable if you have to order it online.

I couldn't imagine their quality being anywhere in the ballpark. I've heard their fulfillment is done by A&M Aquatics, but not at all certain on that. They definitely don't do it themselves. Vivid has really good stock. DFS and specifically DD is probably unbeatable if you have to order it online.

I wouldn't mind trying them once... I'm pretty anal about QT though.

Would never buy from their store though lol

Edited by offshore

LOL awesome guys biggrin.png

Kind of offtopic... has anyone ever ordered fish from Petco online? I'm curious where they come from... i.e. a wholesaler like other LFS or some Petco holding facility?

If from a normal wholesaler... would the quality / shipping be on par with other online ordered fish, excluding LA DD or the like...

I've heard a lot of people have really awesome experiences from Petco online. They order from a variety of different wholesalers (including ORA occasionally), that our LFS order from. Plus their prices are pretty unbelievable and hard to beat, especially when they have sales and specials. They also have a warranty on their fish you order online (I think its 2 weeks), if you're present when the package is delivered. The only downside is unlike DD its not WYSIWYG, but hey, it's worth a shot.

I've heard a lot of people have really awesome experiences from Petco online. They order from a variety of different wholesalers (including ORA occasionally), that our LFS order from. Plus their prices are pretty unbelievable and hard to beat, especially when they have sales and specials. They also have a warranty on their fish you order online (I think its 2 weeks), if you're present when the package is delivered. The only downside is unlike DD its not WYSIWYG, but hey, it's worth a shot.

Awesome, great to hear :)

Looking at some Tangs that are almost 1/2 off on Petco... the hardier species should be fine...

Some fish are so delicate though, that I'd like to try to get a specimen that is eating first... would probably look at somebody like LA DD or somebody local that will QT and get the fish to eat first before I buy it... will be a lot more money, but hey it's expensive to QT a fish for 6-12 weeks and have it die as well.

Awesome, great to hear smile.png

Looking at some Tangs that are almost 1/2 off on Petco... the hardier species should be fine...

Some fish are so delicate though, that I'd like to try to get a specimen that is eating first... would probably look at somebody like LA DD or somebody local that will QT and get the fish to eat first before I buy it... will be a lot more money, but hey it's expensive to QT a fish for 6-12 weeks and have it die as well.

Even places like DD can't guarantee they will eat when they arrive to your house: shipping really stresses these fish out, and even if they WERE eating in their QT doesn't mean they will necessarily continue to do it in your home. Good luck!

really wish stephen (hydro) was still around to QT. there's gotta be a way to fund a QT center for the club... MIKE?!

Yeah got a Purple Tang from him... had planned to get an Achilles from him as well... :(

really wish stephen (hydro) was still around to QT. there's gotta be a way to fund a QT center for the club... MIKE?!

Yeah got a Purple Tang from him... had planned to get an Achilles from him as well... sad.png

Miasma is the one who bought that QT system I think... maybe he is getting something setup?

I know where the petco near me gets their fish from, the ones I get from their same supplier do extremely well. So I've concluded that the fish get stressed and sick in their systems at the store lol.

Doesn't surprise me..

Sorry, good things. Hydro innovations use to always talk how good they are. They give a 14 day guarantee. So they better care more about their fish or they wouldn't make any money.

Ah really nice to hear... will need to try them out :)