Clowns and more clowns

Jakedoza

Most of you guys on here who have seen my tank know that I have a couple of Ocellaris clowns that host what once was a pretty big RBTA (Until it split).

Bud (clarkiicircus) and I were kicking around the idea of housing a couple of his clarkii in my tank as my Ocellaris.

clarkii_small.jpg

The initial results were pretty apparent that "mama O" was not going to have another set of clowns in the tank.. I then decided to divide the tank with a piece of egg crate so "mama O" couldn't get in, but the clarkii could get in and out.

clarkii.jpg

Note: the Os mainly stay on the right side of the tank, so I put the Cs on the left side..

oshouse.jpg

For a couple of weeks I would pull the divider for a little bit to see what would happen.. mama O would come rushing over to greet the Cs at first, but now I have removed the egg crate all together. mama O still comes to visit the Cs, but the fight isn't there any more, She will swim around and show she is queen and then swim off. This happens several hundred times a day..

coexistance.jpg

I have now put the home made fish trap in the tank next to the Cs area so they can have a safe place that mama O cannot get to.

Note: daddy O does not ever visit the Cs..

cshouse.jpg

• Like 1

I have Ocellaris clowns and a Tomato clown that have been together for a year. The Ocellaris was in there for about 6 months before the Tomato, but never hosted anemonies. I've had them for about 3 years overall. The Tomato was 2 years when I got him. He's huge, the ruler when the Melanurus wrasse isn't out, and hostes the anemone. Never had an issue with them being together.