mean chromis?

kmacc05

I have one green chromis and just added 3 new pajama cardinals. The chromis will not leave them alone and keeps pestering them. I don't want to get rid of him since he was the first fish in the tank, but I don't want the cardinals to be stressed out. Is there anything I can do, or should I take him out and swap for a nicer fish that will get along with the new PJs?

What worked for me is to put the offending fish in "timeout" (sump or breeder net) while the new fish get established. After a week or two, release the meanie and see if the situation has improved.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It may be a few days before I can get something to put the chromis is. Will this be bad for the new PJs? I feel bad because the are just sitting in the corner behind rock just minding their own business and then the chromis will come out of nowhere and chase them around.

I have one of the acrylic breeders if you would like to borrow it. However, it's only 3"x5.5" at the top (it tapers down).

Thanks for the offer! I will see if I can find one at RCA so I can have one to deal with any other mean fish in the future. If they don't have one, I will let you know.