Economy Combination Decorative Rock

subsea

Recently, I have posted the new direction of income for CCR (Castille Coral Ranch). I will sell double aquacultured live rock with added corals and macro as a top end designer live rock. I am not sure how this will shake out, but it does need to become a business.

However, I have always wanted to help people enjoy and understand better this great hobby. As a testimony to that statement, I will produce an economical combination decorator rock with different corals and display quality macro algae. The rock will be dense limestone that I collect in my wet weather stream bed. I have used this limestone exclusively in my 135G lagoon tank. I will seed it and grow it out for newbie club members for $5 a rock with a limit of one. If you want more than one for $5, you can come out and frag your on deco combo rocks, limit of ten.

I do not know how much work, money and time, I will devote to this EcoCombo rock but I will commit to a trial period to last from Dec thru April to the Spring fag swap.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

• Like 1

EcoCombo Rock will consist of at least two different species of coral with two different display quality macro algae.

I promised that I would do my part to not only make this hobby sustainable but affordable to everyone. Help me make this work and get involved with my company.

Patrick

• Like 1

The flattened dense limestone in back left side of tank was collected in my wet weather stream bed on Bear Creek this week. It has three different macro, two red and one green feather. While this will not be a $5 rock because of the exotic red branching macro that I am trying to identify, it will be equally populated with bio-diversity.

I am open to opinions and suggestions.

La bonne temps roulee,

Patrick

Thanks, Kim. The red macro that was displayed is the one which I offered to you as a gift to celebrate your expecting delivery. When you feel up to a visit, come get you some. Bring Johnathan and pick tomatoes and okrae. Also, if the deer keep eating my tomatoes, I will have venison backstrap.

Patrick

Invasive can be good to people on a budget, such as a newbie. I prefer, for myself, invasive GSP over most zoos. I do agree with you that many on this forum would not want invasive softies on a delux combo live rock. This Eco/deco rock at $5 will not be my high end rock. I will compile a list of what would be considered desirable by hobiest on this forum.

Much of what blooms from this Gulf of Mexico live rock will determine what looks best combined with it. I spoke with the diver/rock farmer today and I should have 150 lbs of select deco live rock at Austin airport on the same day that he ships it, which will be this Tuesday. Once I sort thru what grows from it, I will begin taking request for certain corals and macros to be included on top end rock. Obviously if I do not cultivate it already, it will cost more to produce. In some cases, I will mass produce something new, if it is requested enough.

Patrick

• Like 1

One more point to be brought up about the GOM live rock. It has much more red macro and filter feeders. I think that I will focus to my strength and leave corals out of the the majority of the combo rock. I am set up here to grow macro on a large scale. At this time, I am focused on cultivating decorative red macros. I likie red.

La bonne temps roulee

• 4 months later...