New to ARC and the Reef Hobby

JamesWebb

Just getting started in the reef hobby, I have had large salt water tanks in the past as well as many fresh water tanks but excited to learn as much as possible about reef tanks. Currently have an 8 gallon nuvo cube by IM set up and running with a xenia and a zoa. Starting out slow with the goal of getting this tank running solid with a few corals and a small clown then working on getting a large predator tank set up. I'm a full time independent personal trainer, so if there is interest I will do a thread on training/nutrition/bodybuilding and share my knowlege with yall who are teaching me so much about reefing.

Welcome to the club! I'd love to hear about the saltwater tanks you've had set up in the past. I have a few nanos myself and I'm really enjoying them.

I had a large fish only (250-300 gallon) tank with 250 pounds of live rock about 10 years ago. My dad purchased it and had no idea how to take care of it, I did the best I could but when I went to college he had to dismantle it and sell it off. We didn't have the best luck with it and the more I learn now, the more I realize how lucky we were to have the succes we did. It was a very basic set up compaired to what I learn about now and we had some pretty crazy fish in it. I'm looking at buying a house in the next year and as soon as I find the right place and buy it the first thing I will do is make a 400+ gallon in wall predator tank with sharks and rays. Sticking with my nano reef and 55 gallon african cichilid tank for now due to the fact that I rent and don't want to move a huge tank.