cleaning algae off acrylic

KimP

I have my first acrylic tank, a pico, and I can't seem to get the sides clean. I have a mag-float-type cleaner, a nibble nano, and it works amazing on my glass tanks but does little on the acrylic. I've tried a paper towel and that was a bust. Short of a razor blade I'm out of ideas. A razor blade isn't really an idea, but I'm going crazy not being able to see in well. It was already fairly scratched when I bought it, so my main concern is just cleaning the algae so I can see my frags. It's my frag tank so I'm not too concerned with scratches. What do you use?

Try the Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. As long as you get the Original type these contain no chemicals and are completely reef safe... I've used them in both my pico and my big reef tank and they work great and cause no harm. Put a small sliver in between your magnet cleaner and the glass and just watch that no sand gets trapped as you go. You can also just reach in and wipe the tank off, but in a pico you don't always have that kind of room!

Thanks mframe for the offer, I'll let you know.

I used a credit card to get the front & sides cleaned, since then have been using a piece of magic eraser in my nimble nano. Both work perfectly. Thank you for the suggestions!