Hello from Jared

Jared C

Hi. I noticed I don't have access to post in the for sale forum so I thought I'd introduce myself so hopefully receive access soon. :)

I'm Jared. I haven't messed with saltwater in a good number of years. What I do mostly is aquaponics - where you raise fish and use the nitrates from their waste as a plant fertilizer to grow veggies. To me, aquaponics is revolutionary. I believe it will change they way we produce food in the near future. Something I have been working on lately is getting small demonstrational systems designed for schools. This brings a learning aid for the teachers right in their own classrooms. Kids get to experience organic gardening first hand. They also get to learn about all the science involved in an aquaponcs ecosystem - fish, microorganisms like bacteria, and plants.

Even though I mostly do freshwater stuff, I am here on the saltwater forums because I use a lot of the same equipment as saltwater aquarists. I use sumps, and drilled tanks as opposed to most freshwater setups.

Thanks!

Jared

Welcome to the group! You should talk to subsea here on ARC, he's an extremely friendly and nice guy who is doing a bunch of aquaponics with fish like that.