WTB Hang on the side refugium or Canister filter

ClarkiiCircus

Hi there,

Looking for a new filter for my 20gal tall. I have it on a dresser, so an actual sump/refugium isn't exactly feasible. Right now I have a ridiculous marineland magnum HOT filter on it, and I spend 80% of my day wanting to punt it out of the door. It blows air sometimes for no reason, and I would buy a new O-ring and open the thing up to tighten the current one, but it was the biggest pain in the world to set up.

I would love a hang on the side refugium, or an Eheim canister filter. I have a 2213 on my 10gal that I absolutely adore. Let me know if you have either of these, and your asking price! Thanks!

I converted an Aquaclear 110 for a HOB fuge on my 33. Keeping chaeto and red gracilla in it with a small led clip on light for lighting.

I cut the foam inserts in 1/3 and put it near the impeller to keep algae and pods from getting into the impeller.

Works pretty good. There are several videos and how-to guides on the web explaining the mod. It is an afternoon project.

I like the HOB AC70 converted refugium (Thanks Kim!) on my 25tall. It adds a small amount of capacity to the tank, but did a number on the GHA and phosphates once the macro established. Just a thought if you are a DIY'er.

The AC refugium idea, or just using it to run media, is a very economical and good idea. I have an AC70 pretty new, no mods, a small cpr hot refugium still in the box, and a small fluval canister pretty new. If you're interested in any just pm me and we can discuss price.

I just learned of this thru Jagedfire/Nicholas yesterday. Picked an AC 70 and some macro from the dome yesterday. Then I purchased a clip on lights. Seems like a really easy project that should reap great benefits. Increased the flow of the tank quite a bit, even on the lowest setting. I liked it so much that I converted another tank the same way. Everything started looking better immediately. Thanks Nicholas.