Just wanted to say hello!

Radney711

Hello everyone!

I have been a member for a few weeks now and am just getting around to saying hi. I am new to the SW life and have been going for about 3 months now. I will say that I have become very addicted to the point that I go to the LFS (Aqua dome) at least once a week, even to just dream about future tanks I will have one day smile.png Thank goodness a have a fiance that is as interested as i am because a lot of the time the tank gets more attention than she does when I get home from work lol. I am learning so much on here, and have already met some super nice people that I bought livestock for my tank from (thank you JeeperTy!). The main reason I waited so long was because I was always told it was too hard. For now I have a 14G BioCube as my learning tank and it is getting better and better. I still have a long way to go to get it to look like a lot of yalls but i think I am headed in the right direction. Anyway I will quit jabbering smile.png I hope to make it to the monthly meetings to meet some of you all in person!!

Rodney

Thanks for the welcome! i started making a list of supplies last night for a 40 gallon tank I have now that I am going to convert to SW. First things first though i am ordering a RO/DI system so i don't have to carry jugs of water back and forth and can be absolutely sure the water is good. Just trying to decide if I want to drill it or have hang off the back equipment. It does not seem to hard to drill but of course if I mess it up there is no going back. Was there ever a thread started on DIY LEDS? Cant afford radions haha grin.png

Thanks for the welcome! i started making a list of supplies last night for a 40 gallon tank I have now that I am going to convert to SW. First things first though i am ordering a RO/DI system so i don't have to carry jugs of water back and forth and can be absolutely sure the water is good. Just trying to decide if I want to drill it or have hang off the back equipment. It does not seem to hard to drill but of course if I mess it up there is no going back. Was there ever a thread started on DIY LEDS? Cant afford radions haha grin.png

Given the interest in LEDs (and lighting in general), there's now a subforum under the DIY section (http://www.austinreefclub.com/forum/154-lighting-mh-t5-pc-led/). Welcome aboard!

Welcome. You can also win a set of LEDs in the raffle by showing up to our next meeting. rock.gif

You can do an LCD test to see if you have tempered glass http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1946398

and FishyPets off of burnet as well as Prof will cut the holes for you. I went HOB for my 47 and after installing a modified durso pipe all I hear are the fans from my LEDs.

I am going to become a premium member for sure and tried the other day, but i had just canceled my pay pal because my debit card got hacked from using it. but i will figure something out let me know if there is another way to pay. I am here to stay! rock.gif Thank you so much for the info Brian!

I am going to become a premium member for sure and tried the other day, but i had just canceled my pay pal because my debit card got hacked from using it. but i will figure something out let me know if there is another way to pay. I am here to stay! rock.gif Thank you so much for the info Brian!

Rodney, there is a pay by check option as well. Just add the membership to your cart through the store and select Check as the payment method. Or you can always pay cash/check at the frag swap.