This is a place we can share stories and not be judged, right?

Capt. Obvious

This is actually great news for me. When one of my relatives, friends, etc. are bashing me about the $$$ I've got into my tank I can just say "Yeah but that's nothing. There's a guy on ARC that spent $500 on a pair of clownfish!" smile.png

+1 lol

I don't have a pair of clowns because I too want the $500 pair, they are on the list to buy but haven't come up on top yet. Here is a place that I have found some designer clowns at a decent price if anyone is looking, This is where I'll order mine, good selection, over 50 clowns to choose from. They have wysiwyg videos of each one.

http://alphacorals.c...clown-fish.html

This is actually great news for me. When one of my relatives, friends, etc. are bashing me about the $$$ I've got into my tank I can just say "Yeah but that's nothing. There's a guy on ARC that spent $500 on a pair of clownfish!" smile.png

+1 lol

I don't have a pair of clowns because I too want the $500 pair, they are on the list to buy but haven't come up on top yet. Here is a place that I have found some designer clowns at a decent price if anyone is looking, This is where I'll order mine, good selection.

http://alphacorals.c...clown-fish.html

I remember 20years ago, Emmu multilevel marketing. Friends and neighbors bought emmu eggs for $1000 with a gurranty that the egg would hatch or you get another egg. Some of these same neighbors, five years later turned adult emmus loose in the woods, instead of continuing to spend money on feeding them. When hunting small game the next winter, wasn't Patrick surprised to be stalked by a 100 pound "Big Bird". I later found out, that this was a mother protecting her eggs. When passing on the tale to co-workers on the drilling rig, a burly toolpusher from New Zeland recountered how he was camp cook on a 5000 mile cattle drive in Austrailia and had raided an ostrish nest for eggs. As he returned to campsite, Mama Ostrish terrorized him. He said it was the most humiliating thing that had ever happened to him, running into the camp in front of the rest of the drovers. Big Bird tore up there campsite. It was a fair price in exchange for three eggs. Barry told me that three ostrish eggs made two dozen chicken scrambled eggs. He knew that them birds were mean but he did not know how mean until his egg-napping adventure. It really made dem eggs taste soo much better.

Patrick

Nice clowns Capt! :D

I highly recommend Alphacorals.com; got my Onyx from them. I was amazed at the size of the box they come in. They ship them in special "breathable" bags with that blue stuff you see betta fish in at the stores; so the box is tiny! My clown was happy as a clam when she arrived through; amazing!

No pics attached capt, are you toying with us? j/k

Subsea that's hilarious, all my neighbors growing up had emu farms. I was probably 12 or 14 years old and I wanted to know all about it so I asked them. What they told me how the market worked I just couldn't understand, the short of it was that people were just selling them to each other but no one was eating or processing them. Even being that young I thought to myself "this is only a buyers market, how can this keep going?". I was baffled by this until the whole thing collapsed and people were stuck with these expensive birds, it was then I realized that I was already smarter than some adults lol.

Hopefully I haven't just insulted any ex emu farmers here on the club grin.png