Who has Berghia nudis and do they work?

fishypets

the main drawback is what you have fish and invert wise in your tank. Wrasses peperment shrimp and a few other things look at them like a $10 snack. My 110 was over run with aptasia I added 10 < at least 1 was doa> I saw one taken as a snack by my wrasse. a good 4-6 weeks went by with no change then one day there was a huge patch of aptaisia just gone then more and more each night. I have never seen one nudis other than the one I saw get eaten.

I would say I am down to just a few random aptaisa that I have been burning to death with a laser or hitting with boiling water if I cant get the laser on them. its taken 6+months now but its under control now. I may add a few peperments to the tank so I have some back up for when the nudis starve to death,

its a 1w blue laser

I do not have xenia but the lighter the color and thicker things are the harder it is to burn them to a crisp. Its not like a light saber :). Basicly it will heat up the water and rock around the aptaisia to the point it shrinks to a small ball and eventualy turns black. It also will kill the caroline algae in a small spot around the area less than the size of a dime. you can find them on the net for like 300 bucks.

You should also know goggles are a must when using it and keep all people out of the room and any animals you dont want to blind. They say less than a second even from a reflection will cause perminant eye damage. So if you get one get the goggles from the same place so they match the color you are using.

You can also get 2w lasers that I am sure would nuke about anything in the tank but they are probly close to a grand.

its a 1w blue laser

I do not have xenia but the lighter the color and thicker things are the harder it is to burn them to a crisp. Its not like a light saber smile.png. Basicly it will heat up the water and rock around the aptaisia to the point it shrinks to a small ball and eventualy turns black. It also will kill the caroline algae in a small spot around the area less than the size of a dime. you can find them on the net for like 300 bucks.

You should also know goggles are a must when using it and keep all people out of the room and any animals you dont want to blind. They say less than a second even from a reflection will cause perminant eye damage. So if you get one get the goggles from the same place so they match the color you are using.

You can also get 2w lasers that I am sure would nuke about anything in the tank but they are probly close to a grand.

I sense an Aiptasia removal service in someone's future....

on a similar but unrelated note......Check out the TED talks about the control of Malaria through the use of lasers to target flying mosquitoes out of the air......it is the stuff my childhood dreams were made of.... I love tech!!!!