Juiceman

Oh my gosh! Sorry Juiceman! [emoji47]

I never saw your temporary setup, is this in the tub that is connected to your sump still? Did you mention adding new livestock?

Yes, this was the bin connected to the sump. 110 Gallon bin with some live rock and my LPS corals.

The New fish were add to the 100g SPS bin.

Still, They've been in there a few weeks, so for this kind of sudden die off.... could the issue have been dormant for that long and then suddenly take effect like this?

Gotcha, so all tubs are connected to your sump and share water. You put new fish (what fish?) into the SPS tub a few weeks ago, and then the last couple days you've been losing fish quick in your fish tub.

Smells like velvet or bacterial infection to me. Both, once reaching critical mass, will kill very quickly. It seems like it took a little while to make it to the other tub and grow to a critical population before wiping fish out. One way to check if its velvet is to freshwater dip a fish in a dark container. You'll see them drop off the fish within 5 minutes. By the time you actually see physical symptoms of velvet, your fish are more than likely doomed at that point.

Bacterial is usually harder to distinguish but I've seen it as dark gray or white splotchy areas on the fish's skin usually. It'll kill in 24hrs on average... Very quick. Don't confuse the splotchy areas on tangs and angels under duress as bacterial... You know how they can change colors and show stress patterns, try to differentiate if possible.

Gotcha, so all tubs are connected to your sump and share water. You put new fish (what fish?) into the SPS tub a few weeks ago, and then the last couple days you've been losing fish quick in your fish tub.

Smells like velvet or bacterial infection to me. Both, once reaching critical mass, will kill very quickly. It seems like it took a little while to make it to the other tub and grow to a critical population before wiping fish out. One way to check if its velvet is to freshwater dip a fish in a dark container. You'll see them drop off the fish within 5 minutes. By the time you actually see physical symptoms of velvet, your fish are more than likely doomed at that point.

Bacterial is usually harder to distinguish but I've seen it as dark gray or white splotchy areas on the fish's skin usually. It'll kill in 24hrs on average... Very quick. Don't confuse the splotchy areas on tangs and angels under duress as bacterial... You know how they can change colors and show stress patterns, try to differentiate if possible.

I can see black and white splotches.

When some where on they're way out... It almost looked like skin was coming off.. Which I'd assume was severe sliming.

The fish in the QT look dusty almost

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can see black and white splotches.

When some where on they're way out... It almost looked like skin was coming off.. Which I'd assume was severe sliming.

The fish in the QT look dusty almost

Pictures when you get a chance?

480a9670a81c3761553fd8668a217c1e.jpg

Any ideas from the QT experts out there?

b87e4aea17f360f16e61f2ab77e6dc86.jpg

5e3b277ebf872a0bee5ca28d77e49470.jpg

Can't tell based on the dead fish but that picture of the hippo and clownfish makes me think marine velvet, which is more common than you think these days. The distribution centers I heard were dealing with their own crisis of handling marine velvet in their systems. This is a very real issue for keeping fish these days, hence why the QT is important not just for ich purposes.

Post a couple more shots of the fish when you get home sir and maybe we can confirm it.

Very sorry to see this. I don't know what I would do.

Also, I admire you for posting this, sometimes it is all good and no bad posts on the forums, hopefully we can all learn from this.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

• Like 4

Based on what I'm researching and seeing... Looks like Brooklynella.

The sliming that I saw on several fish before they died almost as if the skin was coming off is one of the main symptoms that separate velvet from Brook. And a few of them definitely had that when I pulled them out yesterday.

Looks like I'm already on the right track to curing.

Need to do a fresh water dip and treat with copper

• Like 1

Yikes! I've never encountered brooklynella before. The slime kept throwing me off in the pictures so that's a symptom of brooklynella, that absolutely makes sense. For what it's worth, CP treats both Marine velvet and brooklynella just in case the diagnosis is wrong. It will also treat ich as well.

Did a fresh water dip to kill any attached. The sailfin killed himself. He was flopping like crazy and basically stressed himself to death.

Took to opportunity for some good pics

cb50da01ef1499ba42024946f635393a.jpg23f39e7d58f2dbdd0318249ce728f1c0.jpg

Starting cupramine now

Update
Death Toll Additions
Yellow Tang
2/3 Clowns

Purple Tang Is Breathing but on its side, I don't expect him to be alive when I get home.
Last Clown seems to be swimming normal but still showing signs of infection
Magnificent Foxface is still showing signs but accepted food yesterday.

That's all that's left right now....
[emoji22]