Juiceman

Well...I had other people build them. Posted up a few WTB ads on R2R, RC, and planted tank and had enough responses in the first day I had several to pick from. If you WANT to build one yourself you can easily source the parts on eBay, or if there's a local gas shop in Austin (I don't know) you can find them in person. There are numerous build instruction threads all over on planted tank and on RC on how to do it. You need like 5-10 pieces and a couple crescent wrenches and Teflon tape. Super easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I bought mine and JimH regs from "flowerfishs" on theplantedtank.net

There is several guys that build regs and always a couple ads in the for sale section.

You have to register as a member to see the for sale section.

Lovely. Yeah the SS Mathesons and Victors and especially he Parkers are super high and even used you can expect to pay in excess of 400-500 for a complete build but those are more status symbol than necessary. They're beautiful don't get me wrong. But in the world of dual stage regulators there are no bad ones. They're all good. So you can save a little and maybe go with even a brass one.

I got this one built by AlanLe on reef central. $250 Concoa SS

f0f98cf94a7d1d9e358f29f91913ac55.jpg

And this one built by a guy (forget his name) who is on both planted tank and r2r. $200 Air Products brass

4873703b9db4b0b236e786909a7336df.jpg

dbd64e3e4a5ff1e602aee663b77228e9.jpg

Installed.... Funny thing is the same thing is happening... I can't keep a steady bubble rate...

After some googling.. It appears my Milwaukee regulator might have been the problem the whole time. Apparently it's very common for them to intermittently stop and have to be tweaked a lot.

I pulled the co2 line to see if there was a lot of pressure in the reactor and it was super easy to blow air, so pressure is defiantly not the problem on this reactor..

I guess I have to get a new regulator..

Yeah, from what you mentioned as your issues, I was figuring the plumbing or the regulator was at fault, not the CaRX. I just figured you wanted an excuse to get a new reactor since you jumped on the Geo so fast! [emoji4]

dbd64e3e4a5ff1e602aee663b77228e9.jpg

Installed.... Funny thing is the same thing is happening... I can't keep a steady bubble rate...

After some googling.. It appears my Milwaukee regulator might have been the problem the whole time. Apparently it's very common for them to intermittently stop and have to be tweaked a lot.

I pulled the co2 line to see if there was a lot of pressure in the reactor and it was super easy to blow air, so pressure is defiantly not the problem on this reactor..

I guess I have to get a new regulator..

Yeah, from what you mentioned as your issues, I was figuring the plumbing or the regulator was at fault, not the CaRX. I just figured you wanted an excuse to get a new reactor since you jumped on the Geo so fast! [emoji4]

Ehh.... I wanted a more user friendly reactor anyway...

If you need to borrow my Aquarium Plants Carbon Doser I'm selling, let me know. You can use it until its sold. If you use it and just want to keep it, just show me the money Juiceman. [emoji4]

The thought crossed my mind

Looks like the ideal operating height for the skimmer is 7-8.5". That means I'd cut my current first baffle down by about 5". That will put the skimmer at the base of the sump. Ironically it's exactly how much I was already planning on trimming!

If you dont want to cut it down can always build a stand for the skimmer

We'll see once the new stand is in place how much wiggle room I have. I'd love to have the automatic neck cleaner.

Tested my live rock bin for po4 a few weeks ago..

It was .95

So I acid washed the dry rock and separated the live rock.

6/29

LR .45

Dr .65

7/7 started lanthanum chloride dripping into a 10 micron filter sock..

Po4 tests today:

LR .06

Dr .02

I think that definitely worked!

• Like 2

I was running the Korallin Calcium Reactor at 6.65 to keep up with alk using ARM media.

I started the geo with reborn at 6.9 figuring I'd be safe... It went up 1.5 DKH in 2 days!

Maybe the reborn melts at a higher ph than the ARM?

A few quick company pubs and interactions

GEO

They were was very prompt and helpful with all of my questions while I was looking into purchasing their equipment. Sending me extra fittings and filter pads for free so I could easily hook into my current setup.

I emailed after I got everything to inquire about what size the check valve was on the Calcium reactor so I could purchase one, and they sent me 2 for free!

Premium Aquatics

Their shipping to Austin is fast! Great to work with and answered my emails outside of company time. They price matched the Aquacave sale for the Reef Octopus skimmer (Everything else was already cheaper through them) without hesitation.

ATI

I discovered that my outside T5 channel wasn't going to 100% anymore when I went to burn in the new bulbs on the fixture I'm not currently using. I trouble shot via email pics and video for about 24 hrs (alot of answered emails outside of business hours) My fixture is 7 days past the warranty..... They are still doing a warranty replacement for Free! I sent the Ballast to them via prepaid Label and they're sending me a new Ballast once they receive the malfunctioning one.

Work with good companies that make quality products and you get great customer service!

• Like 2

so who built your stand? looks like my handy work but i know i didnt do it. looks good. Id get it powdercoated then do wood with magnets wood glued in the corners.

I believe that's basically the plan.

Black powder coat and wood stained dark as a shell held on with magnets.