Juiceman

1883449f670fbbc281a41cfebf2a6cb1.jpg

We began trying to scrape the back pane and had a lot of trouble... So I thought, lets soak a towel in vinegar and let it soak on the coralline... Worked like a charm!

603e53c666a8fc3e76143b17eb6c1ec1.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Don't they refer to that as "Christmas in July"??????

I think that's exactly what they mean!

July sales man...! I will at least be getting bulbs each year during this... Hopefully no more equipment changes now that I bit the bullet and spent the money to get good stuff!

Sweet geo army man. After only a short time I can say I love their build quality. What bulb combo are you going with?

B+

Figi Purple

B+

C+

Abs

B+

C+

B+

• Like 1

dbd64e3e4a5ff1e602aee663b77228e9.jpg

Installed.... Funny thing is the same thing is happening... I can't keep a steady bubble rate...

After some googling.. It appears my Milwaukee regulator might have been the problem the whole time. Apparently it's very common for them to intermittently stop and have to be tweaked a lot.

I pulled the co2 line to see if there was a lot of pressure in the reactor and it was super easy to blow air, so pressure is defiantly not the problem on this reactor..

I guess I have to get a new regulator..

It's absolutely the Milwaukee. I've beat this to dead horse status, but any and all single stage regulators will have this problem. From no namers, milwaukees, reef fanatics, tunzes, aquateks, paintball, all the way up to the super nice Victors and Mathesons. It's a design issue. They're not built to provide a stable output pressure. They're not barstock grade (or high purity in laymans terms). As tank pressure decreases, by nature of the single stage regulator, the output pressure will increase, resulting in more gas being forced through the same size opening by the needle valve. Meaning frequent adjustments to compensate for the shifting output pressure.

You need a dual stage regulator to have a truly stable output pressure (or bubble count if you will). Yes you can purchase a $280 carbon doser, or you can purchase or build a much nicer dual stage regulator that will last your lifetime, and your kids lifetime, for less

Edited by Bpb
  • Like 2

It's absolutely the Milwaukee. I've beat this to dead horse status, by any and all single stage regulators will have this problem. It's a design issue. They're not built to provide a stable output pressure. They're not barstock grade (or high purity in laymans terms). You need a dual stage regulator to have a truly stable output pressure (or bubble count if you will). Yes you can purchase a $280 carbon doser, or you can purchase or build a much nicer dual stage regulator that will last your lifetime, and your kids lifetime, for less

Go on...

• Like 1