Juiceman

make sure to add extra pipe on the very end so you have the ability to add more later. also, not a bad idea to add extra tees/valves upfront, doesnt cost much more and easier to add something to existing, than to have to pull it out and add it :) if you go threaded (which is a good idea if you need to replace a bad valve), use the biggest thread across the board, and reducers from there. this way you can change things up anywhere if you ever need to. futureproofing == less headaches later. also... disconnectable unions... make your life easier when you need to do maint on pumps :) re: direction... its a balance..make sure the return to tank is the same length+elbows for each one so they are even. if you shorten the length before the split which causes the drain to be longer, you up your odds of a clog. the return is under some pressure, the drains.. no so much. I tried to make my drains as direct as possible for this reason.

• Like 1

make sure to add extra pipe on the very end so you have the ability to add more later. also, not a bad idea to add extra tees/valves upfront, doesnt cost much more and easier to add something to existing, than to have to pull it out and add it :) if you go threaded (which is a good idea if you need to replace a bad valve), use the biggest thread across the board, and reducers from there. this way you can change things up anywhere if you ever need to. futureproofing == less headaches later. also... disconnectable unions... make your life easier when you need to do maint on pumps :) re: direction... its a balance..make sure the return to tank is the same length+elbows for each one so they are even. if you shorten the length before the split which causes the drain to be longer, you up your odds of a clog. the return is under some pressure, the drains.. no so much. I tried to make my drains as direct as possible for this reason.

During my reading about flow dynamics, head loss etc, it actually states that everytime you add threads you lose 1/2 of whatever flow was coming through that particular fitting... Might not be a big deal on larger pipe, but I could see it on smaller ones for sure!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

0920d15b0a136028cb3411203b84979f.jpg

fecb9f7b1068fd5117eb56ee66233bf8.jpg

I could feel the air pushing out of the vents!

Right now I have it hooked up to a timer to run during the day. Eventually I want to hook it up to the apex to run whenever the chiller activates.

You can do all that and you are worried about drilling a small hole in glass?

I've done tons of electrical work! I used to run an eBay business fixing and selling PS3s!

Drilling glass not so much... I think I'm going to find a cheap tank and practice a few times just to make myself feel better....! Haha

• Like 1

208db8499810bf324f6bc5c7432f211c.jpg

Manifold take 2!

Thinking of using gate valves for the pellets and GFO and ball valves for the rest.

For the CARX... I want to get one of the Vertex gate valves meant for RODI line to better fine tune effluent flow... My question is can that work by it self at the manifold or should I put a ball valve before it to lessen the pressure prior to the small gate valve?

I currently run GFO in a BRS dual reactor but have a lot of trouble with the carbon chamber clogging and rendering my GfO useless. Go back so singles? Don't worry about using a reactor for carbon? Get better reactors for GFO and Carbon to still run separate?

Oh and should the ball valves be 1.5" along with the manifold or go ahead and have the valves be reduced to the size they need to be?

I will have 4 extra 1.5" Cepex True Union Ball Valves once I take down my current overflow system.

0a97342769dea65ac2204c575bf6fcf8.jpg

Interesting find at lowes while picking up true Union ball valves...

I was planning on using 3/4" valves for he returns and chiller.....

Look at the choke of the 3/4" valve! It goes down to almost 1/2"! I decided to do the 1" valve with a reducer to 3/4 for the piping.. This way I don't have a reduction until the bulkheads.

• Like 1

My spears gate valves are not. They are the same inside diameter smooth all the way through.

Should I get threaded gate valves or slip? They would be for GFO, Carbon, and Pellets

It was an expensive morning!

Ordered

3 3/4" gate valves

1 1/4" Push Connect Gate Valve

4 3/4" loc line Nossiles

2 3/4" loc line Y's

2 Jabao DCS 12000 return pumps

1 Bucket of Red Sea Salt (for the tub transition)

1 Bucket Instant Ocean Salt (For curing)

1 50ml Bottle Zeobak

1 50ml Bottle Biomate

1 900ml Dr Tim's NP Pearls

Still have to make a few plumbing runs to Home Depot once everything starts coming in and I can make some good measurements.

Darn you Reburn! Haha

• Like 1