Juiceman

Awesome looking pieces you got there. It will make a good aquascape when you drill them up. How bad does that stuff reek? Curing 100 pounds of uncured rock in tank nearly drove me crazy for a week.

Doesn't smell bad yet.... time will tell

Extra free box of live rock is on the way! I pulled the trigger on a few pieces of Dry shelf rock from BRS also... I didn't like how the live figi shelf rock looked.. Not what I had in mind

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Extra free box of live rock is on the way! I pulled the trigger on a few pieces of Dry shelf rock from BRS also... I didn't like how the live figi shelf rock looked.. Not what I had in mind

Who's tub is that? You buy one?

It's one of Shane's that Niko had left over!

Nice score! I was over there a little while ago and mentioned you were looking for one and he said you guys had been talking. Glad he gave one up!

Well...... a few new plans have been hatched.

A New stand steel stand will be built to replace my current wood stand. One of my biggest complaints about my sump and stand is that I have very little height to work with and I can't upgrade my skimmer to a proper size for my bioload.

Another thing that has been bothering me for a long time is the noise from my Fishy Business overflows... So. I'm going to yank them all and switch to Glass Hole Overflows which will solve that issue.

The tank will be dry for at least 5 weeks so That will give me time to scrap the back pane clean, cut the silicone on the current overflows out and replace with the Glass Holes setup which won't require silicone.

NOW

The other thing that i'm thinking is to possibly drill the return lines into the back pane while I have the tank empty, thus removing any HOB equipment other than a few cords from Tunze pumps.

That Idea scares me....

• Like 1

So, let me get this straight.

New rock, new sand, new stand, new overflows, new return lines with a drilled hole, new circulation pumps, and new skimmer? And you just bought new light fixtures not too long ago.

Just give up already and buy a new tank. [emoji6]

I'll give you a nudge in the right direction...

http://www.marsh-reef.org/showthread.php?t=51134

I'll take the blame for the direction........

I merely suggested.......

JimH knows this all too well......

Ehh... You just pointed out several things I could fix while I have the tank empty... And I hadn't thought of those particular things.

I think it's going to be really nice once it's all said and done!