Juiceman

I have a few SPS STN'ing and some burnt tips so I did some testing.

8.07 Alk

.10 P04

Not horrible but higher than normal.

I also tested my Salinity the other day after replacing the brace and it was low at about 29 ppt. So I'm slowing bringing that up. Still not horrible but definitely low.

My C02 ran out during spring break and I'm not sure how long my ALK wasn't being maintained then either.... So yeah I don't blame the acros for being upset.

Put an alarm for the CaRX ph to tell me if the Co2 stops again and I now have a backup Co2 tank for when it does run out.

Now on cruise control!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok all... I need help from Tunze users...!

I'm looking at replacing my Jabao pumps with a higher quality pump via Tunze.

Looking at 2 6055 pumps controlled to pulse exactly how I have the RW's but with better customer service and a longer lifespan.

Do I need anything extra to connect to Apex, it show I even bother to do so and use the installed controller instead?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Preview of Frags that will be for sale at the meeting at my place next week!

Red Mille, Juicemans Blue Acro, Tri- Color Valida, ORA Ponope Birdsnest, Purple Mariculture, Roscoes Blue Acro, Ty's Original Pink Jade.

2966effc3b91b89f737656256c3e2bca.jpg

Better pics and prices to come!

• Like 1

Welp...... My skimmer got pretty noisy today so I took it apart for a nice cleaning only to find a cracked impeller... And of course there are none in stock anywhere

I'm pretty sure Timfish did it to prove a point when he was there Saturday. [emoji12]

Obviously I don't own one, but it will be my next skimmer purchase. Some of the people that use them have some pretty spectacular tanks and seem to really rave about those skimmers in particular.

Some of the attractive points I gather about them (some taken from the site obviously but others from the big thread on RC)

Less frequent cleaning needed than pinwheel skimmers

Wider array/more readily available pumps used/can take many different pumps (I'd trust the longevity of a mag 9 over a reef octopus, bubble magus, or even sicce skimmer pump)

Much more stable performance needing less frequent adjustments

Comparable price point to comparably sized skimmers

Easier to mod/fix problems since most the plumbing appears to be standard stuff.

The builder will customize nearly every conceivable arrangement you can from size of any component, to shape, and footprint

Only real downsides I have seen is there tends to be a bit of a turnaround time on orders (since they're all hand made)

And they tend to be more of space hogs

Obviously I don't own one, but it will be my next skimmer purchase. Some of the people that use them have some pretty spectacular tanks and seem to really rave about those skimmers in particular.

Some of the attractive points I gather about them (some taken from the site obviously but others from the big thread on RC)

Less frequent cleaning needed than pinwheel skimmers

Wider array/more readily available pumps used/can take many different pumps (I'd trust the longevity of a mag 9 over a reef octopus, bubble magus, or even sicce skimmer pump)

Much more stable performance needing less frequent adjustments

Comparable price point to comparably sized skimmers

Easier to mod/fix problems since most the plumbing appears to be standard stuff.

The builder will customize nearly every conceivable arrangement you can from size of any component, to shape, and footprint

Only real downsides I have seen is there tends to be a bit of a turnaround time on orders (since they're all hand made)

And they tend to be more of space hogs

I'm not all up on my skimmer technology but aren't they just old school Beckett-style skimmers? Basically, use a giant pump and tons of water pressure to create your bubbles?

I always thought it was just one of those fanboy brands but I've never used one or knew anybody who used one directly so the jury is still out for me. Buy one and let me know. [emoji4]

Venturi skimmers. Old school yes...metal halides are old school too though and they tend to work pretty well [emoji6]

Very true. But coming from a MH die-hard like yourself, who's still running MHs? shifty.gif I know neither one of us are... whistle.gif

True that. Just suggesting something different. I'd like one based on researching the design and how robust they are. I don't know that one would fit in my sump though. Juiceman what kind of skimmer are you running currently?

• Like 1

True that. Just suggesting something different. I'd like one based on researching the design and how robust they are. I don't know that one would fit in my sump though. Juiceman what kind of skimmer are you running currently?

It's a Skimz sm201. I had hell getting it out to clean it... I don't think I could fit anything bigger because of how tall my sump is and how little head room I have over it

It's a Skimz sm201. I had hell getting it out to clean it... I don't think I could fit anything bigger because of how tall my sump is and how little head room I have over it
Go external man! You just cleaned out the nice spot just to the left of the tank. [emoji4]

Just a thought.. should I run the Skimmer even with the cracked impeller? It's noisy but it does work.

I'd be afraid you'd start damaging your pump housing. At that point, you might have to just buy a new pump.

That was my thought too.. The funny part is the Impeller is $109.. the pump is $175... smh

Just a thought.. should I run the Skimmer even with the cracked impeller? It's noisy but it does work.

I'd be afraid you'd start damaging your pump housing. At that point, you might have to just buy a new pump.

That was my thought too.. The funny part is the Impeller is $109.. the pump is $175... smh

I know, I saw that too and was thinking, for just $66 more dollars, he could just get a new pump and not have to wait on a backordered impeller.