Juiceman

When's the big day for the center brace removal?

The Brace is being touched up, then powder coated, then we'll be ready.

I'll probably knock it out at some point during spring Break.

Need to figure out how i'm going to hold the glass brace in place so when the silicone is loose, it doesn't fall into the tank!

When's the big day for the center brace removal?

The Brace is being touched up, then powder coated, then we'll be ready.

I'll probably knock it out at some point during spring Break.

Need to figure out how i'm going to hold the glass brace in place so when the silicone is loose, it doesn't fall into the tank!

I think that's where the girlfriend comes in handy! [emoji4]

Well.. One of the RW-8s stopped working already. Didn't even last 8 Months. It worked great while it did.....

Replace it? Or get something different....?

I have contacted Jabao about any Warranty... Idk if anything will come from that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

018d61160c12862709c26460cfb1a8d9.jpg

Brace fresh from powder coat!

99a3aaeac975feba77620e5dd92d7039.jpg

We used clamps, a filet knife, razors, and putty tools... The right side wouldn't budge! Then we tried breaking the glass.. That proved futile. Amist all of that I guess we loosened it enough where I could hear it separating by pushing down on it, and boom! Pooped out!

5bc2ea95b1b53d52d12a6d305b47121a.jpg

Brace in place, no more huge glass!

704bb251e477e96cfc5f4b6cc752bdc3.jpg

Filler back up!

3e86325f053a395a3fd959fcb60ba5c1.jpg

02619b37676abd1e0b8a6e8d9205070e.jpg

I can see the yellow polyps on my yellow polyped Monti now! I've never been able to see them with that glass on!

Huge relief that it went well!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

that center brace suckethed muchly, very unawsomeness. i mean, to even consider BREAKING it was difficult idea for my paranoia.

some notes.... filet knife was good, metal putty knife was thinner and better leverage. Have a rubber mallet on hand, maybe even a box to wrap the glass with if you consider breaking it or using said mallet just in case of breaking. oh.. a glass breaker... a center punch or anything pointy and titanium or hardened steel. we tried a friggin nail and it bent the nail and barely made a divet in the glass (post picts of the glass!!! *lol*)

I will post picts of frags i picked up on my thread when the lights come on :)

f8e93069fa7ed5507df5939d61ae9d30.jpg

It's crazy to see how stained this glass is.... No way the corals in the center were getting enough light!

51902ef8785d88ff9b5df019e9dc4e18.jpg

When cutting it out was seeming useless, we tried a hammer and screwdriver, and hammer and nail, then just a good old hammer by itself... This is as far as we got!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Nice! Those yellow sided wrasses are stunners!

You going to cover your tank? I just had a $100+ wrasse shoot 14" out of a tub the otheryl day, only reason I ask. My red headed solon fairy wrasse did that in my tank about 6 months ago as well. Just a matter of time for wrasses.

Nice! Those yellow sided wrasses are stunners!

You going to cover your tank? I just had a $100+ wrasse shoot 14" out of a tub the otheryl day, only reason I ask. My red headed solon fairy wrasse did that in my tank about 6 months ago as well. Just a matter of time for wrasses.

My screen is on there for now, 1 for acclimation of the lights to the center SPS, and 2 to stop the Wrasses from flying during they're initial addition to the tank