Juiceman

That would drive me nuts...

Does Shane still plumb tanks like that, or has he moved to Bean Animal style overflows/drains?

Only time I ever got noise on either the frag tank or the display is:

- When I get lazy and don't touch the frag tank for months.

- When the display hits flush modes and I get a bit of a surge into the emergency pipe on the display.

I know Shane likes to keep his overflows small, but I wouldn't trade that for noise.

To save tank space, did an external box on the frag tank, the display is large enough that a small box at the top center didn't bother me.

Yeah, I'm going to figure out how to silence it, I'm gonna let the guy who built it try first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seems like valving the drain would help?

It does.

I can close it off to a full siphon, it just scares me when I do that. I've had it almost overflow before from closing them to remove the noise.

Overflow baffle take one

671a063a0a02e3d5a7cf4cfa71ced79e.jpg

0e3c1b5d12731105d34a9bd13739e2d2.jpg

Silenced it instantly! But I couldn't get it into the overflow without taking off the center foot.

Then I had a really hard time getting it back out so this time I made a short handle for the top.

af22933c4fbf2dfa5b0b8c077be24d9b.jpg

I'm going to let it cure overnight and try it in the morning.

• Like 2

It was pretty dang silent!

I cut a little extra off the sides to allow more water to go around.

It seems that most of the water is going through that right overflow which leads me to believe that my stand or floor is slightly not level.

I want to build one more for each overflow and see how it all sounds at the end.

Now that I have my Overflows pretty silent I hear the heck out of my Mag 18 and Mag 12!

Any thoughts on a substitute quieter Return Pump?

Here's a thought, make the drains louder again. It'll save you some money. [emoji23]

I like my Jaebo DCT12000. Quiet, energy efficient, and hopefully it doesn't crap out on me in 6 months. Actually, I think that's how long I've been running it.

How does the overflow baffle work? Looks to me like it's plugging up the drain but I can't tell.

Based on Glass Holes overflow style... which is almost exactly how mine is set up.. They use a baffle above the bulkhead to stop the slush sound that comes from the water falling straight into the Bulkhead.

I cut an insert almost the same depth as the overflow but not as wide.. Water is still flowing pretty freely on the sides of the baffle just not much from the back or front. I did the same thing on each one.

I tried them without the feet and they would just fall down.

• 2 weeks later...