Juiceman

Alk has been increasing ever so slightly since getting the CARX stable. Interesting thing is the PH is only set to go as low at 6.80 and it's still maintaining the ALK.

Other Note is I'm seeing growth from SPS that I've had for a VERY long time and have never grown before!

• Like 2

That's great you're getting good growth on everything! With the new lighting and a stable CaRX, you're going to be unstoppable!

When was the last time you calibrated your probes?

I calibrated them when I cleaned the CaRx and added media. So about 2 weeks ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That's nice to be melting media at 6.80. What media are you running these days? Caribsea? Reborn?

It's the Caribsea. I'm thinking that it's actually getting lower than the Ph I'm seeing by the time it gets to my probe it's raised from going through the media? Idk

So my red coris wrasse has taken a liking to flipping over my new goniopora trying to get food from underneath it.....

Any ideas on how to protect it or get him to stop?

Get a bigger rock to glue that goniopora to it because you won't be able to get him to stop. That's just in his nature.

So my red coris wrasse has taken a liking to flipping over my new goniopora trying to get food from underneath it.....

Any ideas on how to protect it or get him to stop?

Get a bigger rock to glue that goniopora to it because you won't be able to get him to stop. That's just in his nature.

He was doing it to a yellow frogspawn Frag, so I put a bunch of rubble around it to hinder him. With the Goni having polyps all around, I didn't want to try that. I don't have a flat rock to put it on...

When my CaRX was still running it was set to 6.80 and maintaining alk around 8 dkh. I think because my CaRX has such a large volume and the effluent flow was so low the media had plenty of time to dissolve some Ca and alk into the water by the time it exited the reactor. What is the flow of your effluent Juiceman?

That's nice to be melting media at 6.80. What media are you running these days? Caribsea? Reborn?

When my CaRX was still running it was set to 6.80 and maintaining alk around 8 dkh. I think because my CaRX has such a large volume and the effluent flow was so low the media had plenty of time to dissolve some Ca and alk into the water by the time it exited the reactor. What is the flow of your effluent Juiceman?

Is a stream, only fast enough to not be a drip