post-1783-0-51372800-1448219212_thumb.jp

Juiceman's Acro 2

post-1783-0-90291500-1448219246_thumb.jp

fragged it the other day because of RTN

post-1783-0-41491400-1448219257_thumb.jp

Rainbow Nasuta 2

post-1783-0-03461000-1448219343_thumb.jp

post-1783-0-24640700-1448219356_thumb.jp

My overall impression from the switch is more even growth, better Polyp Extension, and overall more Healthy Corals.

Loving those growth pics!

Sooooo, I am still considering the ATI Powermodule for my new build Juiceman . There are some good black friday prices right now ....

Would you be willing to give a short summary of your experience owning the Powermodule so far? Programming, maintenance, ... Anything you don't like about it?

Loving those growth pics!

Sooooo, I am still considering the ATI Powermodule for my new build Juiceman . There are some good black friday prices right now ....

Would you be willing to give a short summary of your experience owning the Powermodule so far? Programming, maintenance, ... Anything you don't like about it?

The look, occasional cleaning, programming, and functionality have been great so far! I'm very satisfied.

My only gripe would be the lack of wireless controllability. You have to set your light program on a pc while wired to the fixture. But the program is pretty easy to use once you get the hang of it and can set pretty much any color combo or intensity you like.

If you'd like to see them in action, Lmk

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for doing that. I assume you had a laptop plugged in via USB to drive that demo?

Correct, I had to go to Office Depot and get a USB extension so I can sit about 8' from the tank and tinker with settings. You'd be surprised how hard it was to find a long one when I got these. The one that comes with it is about 4' I think

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

It clearly has great controllability with a computer. And I did notice some shimmer with the LEDs on, despite the glare. I am torn between the powermodule and radions, definitely pros and cons for each one.

It clearly has great controllability with a computer. And I did notice some shimmer with the LEDs on, despite the glare. I am torn between the powermodule and radions, definitely pros and cons for each one.

I was in your same position a month or so ago, I honestly don't think you can go wrong either way. I ended up going the Powermodule route due to how consistently they produce good coloration and growth rates. I also like the shimmer they produce, its not as overbearing as some LED only option are. The biggest draw back for me so far is how heavy the units are. I'm having to beef up my canopy to mount them in there.

• Like 1

I was in your same position a month or so ago, I honestly don't think you can go wrong either way. I ended up going the Powermodule route due to how consistently they produce good coloration and growth rates. I also like the shimmer they produce, its not as overbearing as some LED only option are. The biggest draw back for me so far is how heavy the units are. I'm having to beef up my canopy to mount them in there.

Go see some in person! Best way to make a decision. Roy us running gen1 Radions. Richard is running them also I believe. I went around town looking at different lighting in person before I made my decision.

Man, I need to learn to pay attention to the date on the OP. Started reading this thread last night...good thing there's not much going on at work this week!

Awesome build overall, Juiceman! Your dedication (and patience!) is impressive!

I've been seeing you like some posts from a few years ago! Haha

I was giving you time to figure it out!

I've seen the Radions and ATI T5s in person many times, just not seen the Powermodule in person. Your demo was great and filled in some gaps. My main gripes with the Powermodule are lack of integration with anything except a computer over USB, and with the Radions it is cost ....

So I ordered some BRS Ca to make some buffer, and used the Calculator, Says I need 204 OZ to get it back to 420ppm! geez

I'm thinking to add a gallon of solution to the RODI top off water to let it get added throughout the week. Thoughts?

Also my reagent for my ALK ran out so I busted out the new one, test came out as 11.06....... thats a 4.5 raise from the last measurement and I only lowered the PH of the Reactor by .02........

This leads me to believe that once my ALK tests start reading low I should go ahead and break out the new ones from now on! Anyone have this also happen everytime you refill reagent?