Juiceman

Test results for today.

Alk - 7.56

Po4 - .09

Na - 30

Ca - 440

I'm currently dosing 48 drops of vodka everyday split between morning and night. It's not doing anything for the nitrates yet. And the biopellets aren't doing anything either.

Maybe I have a really bad dead spot somewhere that's just leaching the crap out of nitrates. I'll do another water change soon and see if I can find anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nitrates don't absorb into rocks or sand so they don't leach like phosphates do.

If I had to guess, 1) your added sponge in the sump may be adding to your nitrate problem or 2) perhaps your phosphate level is too low and your meter is reading higher than it is? Meaning you're really at close to zero for phosphates and the bacteria in the biopellet reactor aren't multiplying because of the lack of phosphates causing your nitrates to stay high.

Just a guess... you can even call it a wild guess.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Okay Juice, here ya go to complete your tang collection, it's ready to ship:

http://www.liveaquaria.com/diversden/ItemDisplay.cfm?c=2733+3&ddid=272037

Hey look at the silver lining, FREE SHIPPING!

I've thought about it. I don't really care for them. I'm going to get a Black Tang though!

I can't bring myself to spend that money on a fish, otherwise I'd order him now.:) I obsess over my fish now a bit, at that price I'd have to quite my job... then what? ;)

And it could die 3 weeks later..... Nope. I'm good

Test results for today:

Alk - 7.59

Po4 - .02!

Na - 30........

I replaced the GFO 3 days ago and filled the 2nd chamber of the dual reactor with GFO instead of carbon. I think it made a difference. The question becomes, keep it online until it reads 0 or turn it off?

The pump for my Tunze osmolater stopped pulling water last night. Took it by Tunze here in town, he took one look at it, told me what was wrong. He didn't have any replacements in stock so he opened the box of a full setup to give me a replacement pump. Stress free customer service! Thanks Tunze

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Well.....

Replaced 2 WP25s with new RW-8s. They work great! One started a Wave in my 7' tank! Geez.

Got the new pump replacement from Tunze for the ATO

Running my CARX again since my calcium is finally where it should be

And

Good news and bad news.........

597f4398cc60df474a268e28b2bbd3d8.jpg

My Phosphates are 0!!!!!!!

But I still have 40ppm+ Nitrates.... [emoji35]

I can't think of anything else to do. My last thing I could think of is doing some TLC treatments like I used to from good ol' fishy business. Worked great for me in the beginnings of my reefing days for Nitrates. Here's hoping...!

Per my conversation with Ty, I pulled some of the GFO out of the reactor.

The thought is I'm pulling too much Phosphate out and the Nitrating Bacteria can't reproduce without it.

Did that yesterday, and Dosed some more TLC this morning. I'll do a test today when I get home and see what it looks like.

• Like 1

Ty havent you learned that all good things happen fast in this hobby? Only bad things take time.

Good thing you blast through lighting and tanks at the speed of lightning then Patrick! [emoji23] Now give me some Jason Fox Flame acro! Fast!
  • Like 1

Prompted by the recent BRS video about RODI systems, I decided to upgrade.

post-1783-14397826262_thumb.jpg

I currently use a 4 stage system with 1 sediment and carbon stages, RO stage, and 1 DI stage.

I purchased a new double DI stage to install, and will use my current single DI stage as my sediment stage. I will begin a dual Carbon stage also with the current sediment cartridge repurposed.

Look at my sophisticated schematic!

post-1783-143978296224_thumb.jpg

Final Unit Mount

post-1783-143978280268_thumb.jpg

And final product pending some wire organization

post-1783-143978282577_thumb.jpg

This is all more so for peace of mind for my product water to be as pristine as possible.

• Like 1

looks good, what is this supposed to do better? Was there something that wasn't getting pulled out of the water? Also is that like a gallon of fish pellets!?

Haha! It is the economy size Thera pellets! Got it on eBay! Way cheaper in the long run vs buying smaller sets every few months.

As far as I could tell. My system was fine. This is just for redundancy. If anything was to get through the first Carbon stage, the 2nd is a lower micron, then if anything was to get the first DI stage as it gets used up, the second stage knocks it out.

Also this means I won't need an upgrade if I eventually move somewhere that uses chloramines.