Juiceman

I have decided that I will be getting the ATI Hybrid Powermodule. Waiting for the Sales to start for July 4th to pull the trigger.

We redid my BRS tank cover to fit into the rim of the tank. The Dremel was a huge help, which I didn't have when we originally built it. Also got a stronger pump for my Bio Pellets so their tumble should never falter again.

I'm also going to pickup the new MP40 Quiet Drive upgrades for each of my MP40s. Well see how much difference they make.

I got a new Nitrate test in today and ran it. Says I have 30 ppm just like Ty kept seeing. Baffles me. How the H.0239ur0 do I have 30 PPM nitrates?!

Phosphates tested at .06 today which is the lowest it's been in a while. Hopefully i'm rounding the corner on that.

I need to find someone who wants these BMLs!

• Like 2

Sites are either waiting to last minute for the July 4 sales, or not having them, patience is not a virtue for me...... They need to hurry up!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a $5 off cupon for brs :)

Sites are either waiting to last minute for the July 4 sales, or not having them, patience is not a virtue for me...... They need to hurry up!

I have a $5 off cupon for brs :)

They don't carry the hybrid.... [emoji19]

Lol, so I think I just made some friendly competition between premium Aquatics and Aquacave. I emailed premium aquatics and asked them if they were going to have a sale and that Aquacave had already announced theirs. His reply was yes and what was I ordering. The sale at Premium aquatics is now 11% off compared to Aquacave's 10%. Haha

So, Juiceman: Premium Aquatics (@11%) will not ship free, but Aquacave (@10%) DOES! ANNNNND - Aquacave will price match. Just saying ...

I thought about that and checked. PA is free shipping (2 day to Austin!) and price matched something from Aquacave already.

They want that business! Haha

• Like 1

Ahh, I was looking at the PA 60" Powermodule and the product page says 'does not ship free', but I see not that on PA smaller units do say 'eligible for free ship'

Ahh, I was looking at the PA 60" Powermodule and the product page says 'does not ship free', but I see not that on PA smaller units do say 'eligible for free ship'

And I'll bet that's because either way, they don't actually come from the Site, they come from ATI. So cheaper for both parties. Idk, politics I'm sure

Lights are on the way!

Ordered:

2 ATI 3607 36" LED/T5 Hybrid Powermodules

10 Blue Plus Bulbs

4 Aqua Blue Special Bulbs

4 Coral Plus Bulbs

2 Purple Plus Bulbs

5 Vortech Quiet Drive Upgrades

Expensive day!

• Like 3

Tests yeild:

Alk - 7.33 Check

Po4 - .07 On its way down

NA - 30 WTF!

I can't figure out what's causing the Nitrates. From me and Ty's discussions, I may have had a Bacterial die off when my Bio Pellet reactor pump kept getting clogged. I did pull out some black bio pellets at that point that smelled HORRIBLE! They've been running fine for about a month now with more pellets and I just recently put a better pump on the reactor so those won't be an issue again, but that's all I can think of.

I've:

1.) Cleaned the Return Pumps

2.) Cleaned the Sump

3.) Cleaned the Live Rock section of the Sump 2 times

4.) Moved the filter pad in a more efficient location.

5.) Siphoned the gravel in both tanks

6.) Done 3 30g or slightly more Water Changes

I'm thinking that the Bio Pellets haven't Colonized yet since the pump failure. What I've decided to do is start lightly dosing vodka until they come online. I looked up alot of info on it and have a chart to go by. I'm supposed to test every few days as I go until I start seeing the Nitrates start to drop. I figure this is only until the Bio Pellets start to take effect. I'm going to keep it light, and make sure not to overdose.

I just made a huge investment into the Health of my Coral, and I want to make sure the chemistry is right also!

• Like 1

2 days in, I'm adding 1.2 ml of vodka a day based on a 300 net gallon volume. Works out to 12 drops in the morning and 12 in the evening.

post-1783-143603914467_thumb.jpg

Usually takes me a week to get this much black skim mate so....... I think it's working.

My tests yielded:

Alk - 7.5

Po4 - .07

Na - 30

So no dent yet, I'm supposed to do this same dose for a few days then start ramping it up until the nitrates start to fall. Then hold steady.