Upgrading to LED

scubasteve92

Hmmmm, well i am bringing this back up because I am still curious the best way to hang LED fixtures over a tank without drilling into anything? or is there a way? I looked at the evos, the AI, and the cree 60w, and i just cant figure out how to get over my tank.

I would say the only way to get a hanging look without drilling is to use a pole stand of some kind. Like a Floor lamp it has a heavy base a pole going up to the hight you want then a cross bar over the tank to hang the fixture from. Or a clip on where it has a clap that hooks to the side of the tank.

Yeah I was looking for more of a clamp light, like the new AI Vega. I am looking into getting one of these when they come out. I guess it is pointless to ask if anyone knows anything about these since I cant really find much info on them online. I do know that they, like the nano have a hanging fixture that can be attached to a tank. Read that when they come out they will start at $499, I need to start saving... lol