15 gallon?

Christian

I'm going to have to down size to a smaller fish tank, soon :( I'm going to Texas A&M Corpis Cristi and they only alow 15 gallon fish tanks on campus, any one have a good recemandations on a 15 gallon tank that will alow me to grow any Corals I want and I want to be able to put two clowns, a shrimp and an anemone. So pritty much a mine reef.

Well as of right now I can keep my currents systems running, but in like 8 months I will have to tbrake down my systems. I have a jbj light that I really like that is 36" and great for corals do I could do a 36" long 15 gallon coustum build.

Bio - so your thinking I could make the tank bigger than I 15 gallon aka with nothing in the tank it being 15g but when I put rock and corals it comes out to be around 12 gallons of water so I could make it be like a 17 gallon tank and than add rock and it would be only 15 gallons?

What are you trying to mine in the reef? Gold? Iron Ore? Diamonds? Land Mines?

I would think that a biocube would be your best bet, but if history has taught us anything, you'll be home soon and back into your original tank, so why bother.

I'm not sure what your getting at.

Well as of right now I can keep my currents systems running, but in like 8 months I will have to tbrake down my systems. I have a jbj light that I really like that is 36" and great for corals do I could do a 36" long 15 gallon coustum build.

Bio - so your thinking I could make the tank bigger than I 15 gallon aka with nothing in the tank it being 15g but when I put rock and corals it comes out to be around 12 gallons of water so I could make it be like a 17 gallon tank and than add rock and it would be only 15 gallons?

Thats exactly what I would do, and if anyone ever asked me about it I would tell them there is ONLY 15 gallons in the tank. who carees about the rock size and all that, they only set their rules for 15 gallons of water :)

as a former DORM RA (TAMUK 2009)..

they won't sit there and measure volume of water.. RA's don't have time nor care to do that..

so you could probably get away from 20g high or maybe one of them small cubes.. less then 20g..

but if RA do the inspections and there is a 30G (3 foot long) plus tank.. they will probably notice it and call attention to it..and don't try to put in a 30g and then try to "SPIN" a fact of tank size vs. water volume due to rock..

causing an issue like that, will not win you ANY FAVORS with the RA's and they will probably just tell ya to get rid of it completely.. if it goes to the RES LIFE department.. you will lose.. its their housing.. you are just in there per semester..

also, are you sharing a room with someone else.. take that into account..

Yea I've got a 29 gallon biocube, but I have a jbj 36" fixture and want to be able to put it on a tank and a biocube won't with that kind of light it would look strage. So I'm going to go with a 20 gallon long and put my jbj lighting on that when I move, and move my corals and fish to the 20 gallon.

as a former DORM RA (TAMUK 2009)..

they won't sit there and measure volume of water.. RA's don't have time nor care to do that..

so you could probably get away from 20g high or maybe one of them small cubes.. less then 20g..

but if RA do the inspections and there is a 30G (3 foot long) plus tank.. they will probably notice it and call attention to it..and don't try to put in a 30g and then try to "SPIN" a fact of tank size vs. water volume due to rock..

causing an issue like that, will not win you ANY FAVORS with the RA's and they will probably just tell ya to get rid of it completely.. if it goes to the RES LIFE department.. you will lose.. its their housing.. you are just in there per semester..

also, are you sharing a room with someone else.. take that into account..

Gig'Em!

Class of '93