Sponsors

Jakedoza

Could you please post what benefits you give ARC Premium members..

So far I only know that RCA gives a 10% discount on anything in store for members, Aqua-tek does nothing, and Aqua-dome does nothing.. If this has changed Please let me/us/ARC know.

Thanks

ARC Premium members get 10% off all purchases with MCC on both "ARC Thread Shopping" and the website (does not include auctions). Use this code at checkout: ARC2011

more incentive details: http://www.austinree...tivesdiscounts/

*For a limited time only; ARC premium members may take 25% off our current group order (in my sig) and our website*

• Like 1

Jake,

Check out each of their forums. They normally have a pinned topic with the benefits.

Off the top of my head for the ones you listed as "nothing":

Dome: 50% off their club membership.

Aquatek: Some % off livestock only. Edit: no discount.

I've looked on their threads.. Aquatek doesn't advertise anything.. and last month when I was in there they told me they didn't do anything for ARC members.. I didn't see anything in Aqua-dome's, but I may have missed it.. Last I was in there I was told they did nothing, so I have not been back since..

It would be nice for each sponsor to sticky what they do for ARC members.. I like how Jake at RCA did his.

From the Dome pinned topic:

Normally our club membership costs $19.99 per year but for organizations that we sponsor we offer their paid members our club membership for $10.00.

I will highlight it in the post, since it is a bit hidden.

You are right, Aquatek does not have a pinned topic. Once I dig up the actual information, I will create one.

ok.. I went through each sponsor.. Here is the result of them letting us know they have discounts or not..

Aqua sd.. nothing

Aquatek.. nothing

Aqua-dome.. nothing

Austin Aqua Farms.. nothing

BRS.. nothing

Coral Rx.. nothing

Epic Reef.. nothing

Frags and More.. nothing

Mr Cobbs.. pinned under incentives/discounts

Mr Saltwater Tank.. nothing

Reef Cleaners.. Has discount pinned.. but doesn't list what the discount is.

RCA.. Pinned clearly

Salty Supply.. nothing

Vivid.. nothing

So far RCA , reef cleaners, and Mr Cobb are the only sponsors I'd do business with.. and the only actual sponsors of this forum.

Found Aquateks in one of their first posts:

10% on Livestock.

I have gotten the discount before for showing my card.

Edit: I have been informed they no longer offer the discount.

I will go through the sponsors and create pinned topics as needed. Sponsors: feel free to contact me if I get things wrong smile.png

I can say this about retail discounts for ARC memberships. Many retailers resent the club discounts that are expected. In the past, I have had a wholesale license and I can understand there discomfrot. At a time when retailers are suffering against mail order sales, I would hesitate to force this reduced income on retailers.

Since we are discussing this, I planned on becoming a sponsor in July when I open for sales. I feel that my prices are good enough without adding discounts. I can not say what other retailers in this area think, I do know my feelings on these mandated discounts.

Patrick

With the 2012 membership changes I am reconfirming benefits with all sponsors. For an up-to-date list you can check the Store page under the Premium Member benefits. I have not gotten a reply from Aquatek yet, so I'll remove the 10% discount bullet for them until it is confirmed.

I can say this about retail discounts for ARC memberships. Many retailers resent the club discounts that are expected. In the past, I have had a wholesale license and I can understand there discomfrot. At a time when retailers are suffering against mail order sales, I would hesitate to force this reduced income on retailers.

Since we are discussing this, I planned on becoming a sponsor in July when I open for sales. I feel that my prices are good enough without adding discounts. I can not say what other retailers in this area think, I do know my feelings on these mandated discounts.

Patrick

I would agree with you, but 2 out of 3 LFS have their own club and give a discount program. The other one, (RCA) gives a 10% discount to ARC members.. They are giving discounts, but they are not giving them to ARC members.. Personally, I'm more opt to shop at a store that sponsors this forum and its members before a store that wants it's own club members. Nothing against the other LFS, this is just my personal preference..

My main reasoning for starting this post was to make sure all the Sponsors were up to date with their ARC discounts as ARC is making changes... and for the fact that I have gotten different information from one of the LFS in person than what they post on this forum as a sponsor.

Edit:

These discounts are not expected of me as a premium member, but if a LFS is a sponsor, I certainly do expect something in return. That is the quid quo pro of being a sponsor.. you get advertisement to a target audience and in return you get more business and give a slight discount.

I will be buying a sponsor membership for my photography business and will be giving a discount to all ARC club members.. It is only fair IMO. It also helps build good business.

Patrick

I would agree with you, but 2 out of 3 LFS have their own club and give a discount program. The other one, (RCA) gives a 10% discount to ARC members.. They are giving discounts, but they are not giving them to ARC members.. Personally, I'm more opt to shop at a store that sponsors this forum and its members before a store that wants it's own club members. Nothing against the other LFS, this is just my personal preference..

My main reasoning for starting this post was to make sure all the Sponsors were up to date with their ARC discounts as ARC is making changes... and for the fact that I have gotten different information from one of the LFS in person than what they post on this forum as a sponsor.

Edit:

These discounts are not expected of me as a premium member, but if a LFS is a sponsor, I certainly do expect something in return. That is the quid quo pro of being a sponsor.. you get advertisement to a target audience and in return you get more business and give a slight discount.

I will be buying a sponsor membership for my photography business and will be giving a discount to all ARC club members.. It is only fair IMO. It also helps build good business.

Thanks for bringing up the topic Jake, but I would like to clarify the club's position.

In addition to paying a membership fee, a Sponsor is required to provide some time of product, service, or gift card to be used as ARC event door prizes. This requirement is negotiated with each Sponsor by me to accommodate their type of business. They also agree to provide a standing ARC member discount OR special group buy opportunities or some other agreed upon incentive. ARC is not attempting to dictate to sponsors what they can do with their own business. Aqua-Dome, for example, has a Savings Club that not only gives you a discount on items there but also provides a guarantee on their fish. I am a member of that club and it is worth every penny. Aqua-Dome offers Savings Club memberships to ARC Premium Members at half price. In addition you'll see a Premium Member Group Buy opportunity from them coming soon, much like the current ARC Exclusive Group Buy Mr. Cob is currently running.

2) You agree to provide either an ARC member discount, special member "Group Buy" discount, or other incentive to Premium and Professional Members (will be negotiated with each sponsor based on the type of product/service they offer)

So since James has verified that Aquatek no longer provides discounts to ARC members, what special incentive are they offering us? Ive never seen them offer special group buys or prizes of any sort. Im not trying to come off confrontational or critical, but I just dont see the benefit they are providing us with. Is there something else that hasnt been made clear?

• Like 1

Folks,

With the change in leadership and change in sponsor requirements, it will take a little time for things to shake out. All we ask is a little patience.

And one big benefit the (before Mike) sponsors did for ARC was help keep the lights on.

Folks,

With the change in leadership and change in sponsor requirements, it will take a little time for things to shake out. All we ask is a little patience.

And one big benefit the (before Mike) sponsors did for ARC was help keep the lights on.

That's cool, man, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers here. Just wondering if there was any other benefit since there's no longer a discount. I understand this transition will take some time.

The Aqua-Dome is not a sponsor of ARC to elicit business nor entice ARC members to shop with us. We are ARC sponsors to help the club maintain a presence and help defray some of the clubs cost of operation. We offer a discount club that I can honestly say is probably the most expensive in the country, but I also honestly and firmly believe it offers the best savings opportunities around. With the Dome’s club you get, everyday, pricing that rivals any on-line retailer on most items, you save on almost every item we carry, you save whether you buy 1 item or 100, you save whether you buy $10.00 or $1000.00, you save 10% on anything we call live (fish, plants, invertebrates, corals, live rock) you save anywhere from 10% to 25% on most supplies, you get a 14-day freshwater health guarantee, and a 50% credit on saltwater fish lost within 7 days because of health problems. We do not offer a separate discount schedule for clubs that we sponsor because we feel it would not be fair to our hundreds of regular club members that pay $19.99 per year to save. We do offer our club with all it’s benefits to any member of a club we sponsor for $10.00 per year. One thing I will do for ARC members is, if you don’t think that you have received $10.00 worth in value during the year I will give you your $10.00 back.

Gary

• Like 2