Fuzzybob4's blog

Christian

Are they still in your frag tank? Remember, you have nothing in there that is keeping you from going through another cycle. If you were to have cured liverock in there, you would have to wait a day or two (if that) until you add corals/fish. However, you have sand and water. Once again, I suggest that you take the corals and fish out and put them in your other tanks until the frag tank cycles.

Ok. I've had enough.

Christian; you've been around here long enough to know, and had enough trouble, about the cycle and setting up a new tank. Either you don't care to learn or just aren't getting it. Please stop before you kill off even more livestock. Come back when you are mature enough to do it the right way.

I added a old carbon filter, that should jump start the cycle right?

I read it in a book just now that adding a old one should work.

If it's been dry it won't jump start a cycle. You need to either add some food or some live rock to kick start it.

http://www.austinreefclub.com/page/FAQ/_/saltwater-101/how-to-set-up-and-stock-a-saltwater-aquarium-r11

Up date, the tank is doing great, after the cycle was done, I added a few things yesterday. I put the clown goby, the chalice and the blastos back into the tank, that added a few more coral frags.

Took a birds nest out of my other fish tank, added two more chalices one is brown but changing color to green, the other one is brown with some orange spots.I also added some zoas, tow are lime green, and one is highlighter yellow. I also got a acropora, and an encrusting kind of coral that is brown.( Hunter knows the name)

Birds nest

fishtank001.jpg

chalice, with some other coral on the top right side.

fishtank004.jpg

fishtank013.jpg

lime green Zoas

fishtank009.jpg

fishtank005.jpg

Acropora

fishtank.jpg

full tank shot

fishtank024.jpg