Making freshwater for fw dip

KimP

I have 2 seahorses that need a freshwater dip. I know the procedure, what to look for, etc, but I've never adjusted any parameters of freshwater before.

How do I match pH of the freshwater to the saltwater the seahorses are in? I have a pH meter. Should I use treated tap or rodi? I figure the pH of my tap is very very high and might be difficult to lower but might stay more stable. I am very vaguely familiar with some pH up and down products. Safe to use?

I'm pretty lost :) Thanks for any advice!

Temp is most important. I have had better results with treated tap than RO/DI. If you ask me, if the parasite doesn't die in 60 seconds, its not going to (but the fish might).

+1 The problem with trying to match the pH is it takes time to stabilize and I would think the difference in osmotic pressure on the fish is going to be a lot more stressful than the difference in pH. I would add something to help with the slime coat especially if you're using RO or RO/DI