New to group and reef keeping

Richard L

I've had a koi pond for many years and in the beginning of the year my daughter and I got a freshwater planted tank started. Although I enjoy both a lot, I was often tortured by the color and diversity of the reef tanks at the LFS's. Consequently two months ago I purchased well established 40 gallon breeder with a mixture of softies and a few LFS (mushrooms, zoas, green star polyps, xenia, torch, ricordia, hammer, trumpet, duncan, open brain, fungia). I know that its only been a couple of months, but I feel it was a good way to dive in since tank is thriving and the water parameters are so stable. Not to mention the savings from buying everything used. (And I thought koi pond was expensive! This hobby has the potential to trump it quickly!)

I've made a few improvements in that time including Apex controller, ATO, carbon and GFO reactors. I really like these purchases since they automate a lot of the things I was doing and they are scaleable if I ever upsize in the future.

For about 4 months I've been lurking in the shadows of ARC, reading tons of posts, trying to get my saltwater chops up to speed. So this is my coming out notice! I know I just missed the monthly meeting but I plan on making the next one.

Richard

post-2030-0-69927600-1313556471_thumb.jppost-2030-0-87008800-1313556506_thumb.jppost-2030-0-55195500-1313556534_thumb.jp

Edited by funky reefer