Clowns!

Christian

Hey I'm looking for a place that has clown fish pairs that are not to expensive, or a place that has around 3-4 true clowns that are not like 39.99 each. I found that live aquaria has them for 19.99 each right now but I've never bought fish from a website, mainly because I like to see what I'm getting. So that i can make sure the fish are in good shape. So any suggestions on fish stores that are open on Monday's and have a good selection of fish. Thank you.

If you're looking for a proven pair they're going to be expensive unless you find somebody who needs or wants to get rid of a set. You mentioned "true clowns" If you can get a August/July 2010 copy of "Coral" magazine, Vol 7 #4, it has an article on designer clownfish and they have multiple photo's of "standard" A. percula and A. ocelarus and the is NOT a color scheme unique to one or the other. The only way to garuantee you get true percula's is to do a fin ray count. If you are wanting to breed them expect it to take 2-3 years to start breeding unless you get a proven pair.

I bought a pair of ocellaris clowns from Aquadome for $16.00 each, plus a 10% member discount. They were not a proven pair, but I made sure to get one that was larger than the other, which (I've been told) increases the chances of them pairing up. I got lucky, as they never leave each others' side.

Well I have a false pair in my 29 gallon bio cube and a pair of true clowns in my 20 gallon that took a liking to my GBTA that is in the tank and I also have another smaller true clown in the same tank that stays away from the pair.