*sigh* another algae problem.....

Jakedoza

How long have you had your tank running? Give us the rundown on your tank. Lighting, feeding, filtration, water changes, clean up crew etc... There's plenty on this forum that can help you get rid of your troubles.

How long have you had your tank running? Give us the rundown on your tank. Lighting, feeding, filtration, water changes, clean up crew etc... There's plenty on this forum that can help you get rid of your troubles.

yeah yeah., I know...

I just want to know what it is so I can get to the root of the problem and not just put a bandaid on it. Even if it comes to a complete tear down..

Mexican Turbos love that stuff. They also like to bulldoze everything around.

+100!

Ive got 4 of them the size of golfballs, they cleaned my tank up QUICK but knocked everything over in the process. Also, I added a couple tangs to take care of the hair algae.

Water params?

How long lights on?

Sand bed disturbed?

Any MIA livestock?

What type of lights and how old?

Edited by DerrickH

too filamentous to be cyano. But yes turbos, hermits, tangs, and urchins should eat this stuff. Pink fuzzy algae can usually be pulled off rather easily but the clean up critters will have to keep it down.

The usual fixes apply:

water changes

run GFO/GAC

consider new lamps or RODI filters

think about what you are feeding

Using consumers may remove it but fixing the root cause is the key.

I think this, like GHA, is just a particularly bad form of the usual algae outbreaks tanks go through. Not everyone gets it.

I sent a pic of similar stuff to wet web media and they said cyano.

Thanks for the info guys..

I ordered some more DI resin, an in line TDS meter and changed out the media in my phosphate reactor... and it broke more than it was.. (purchased it used here on the forum) so now I need a new one. I hate buying stuff that is broke..

and hitting up RCA this weekend for some cleanup and their massive sale..