What are these hairy branches on my LR?

Mindflux

Sorry, I can't tell if it's a sponge or a hydroid. Sponge is harmless but if it's a hydroid it would most likely win any territorial dispute with a coral.

They're real fine almost tree like. They come up off the LR very easily with some brushing (toothbrush).. or pulling at them.

Is it purple? it might be Gelidium. i have to eradicate mine by fire blasting! i know it sounds crazy but PM me and ill tell you about it! as well i will show you pics most say gelidium is un stoppable! but i have totally made mine disappear

http://www.nano-reef.com/forums/lofiversion/index.php/t213820.html

use a bic wind resistant lighter from H.E.B. and blast area of problem for 2 seconds a piece if you can remove the rock, if not remove water to point where you can work on problem then replace! i will not hurt our rock! then brush area and repeat if needed! it you hold light in one spot too long! which ive done and the coraline will come back in no time! and i have %100 percent purple fiji live rock. it cleared gelidium problem and bubble algae problems!

Kinda hard to see on my phone, but looks like bryopsis to me :hmm:

It's not fern-like at all though. Another forum seems to think it's just a Hydroid like mentioned previously here. Hopefully I can keep it under control or eliminate it.

• 2 weeks later...